Chapter 16: I... I think I Fucked Up...

Lovino's Side:

He frowns as he waits outside the Library doors, his heart clenching in pain as he waits for Antonio to exit.

It's finally time to tell his feelings to Antonio. They have been getting a bit closer... Maybe Antonio might finally give him a chance.

The doors open suddenly and Lovino jumps in surprise. "Antonio-"

"Oh God, Lovino..." Antonio mutters, his shoulders start to shake and Lovino feels anger boil inside him. "He hurt you didn't he-"

"I ACTUALLY CONFESSED TO HIM OH MY GO-HO-HOD!" Lovino stands still, his expression blank. Well, so much for his chances...

***

Antonio covers his red face.  "and I'll love you a billion times more than he can ever do. Oh GOD how embarrassing...!" Antonio squeals like a little girl and Lovino grinds his teeth. "S-Suree..."

" I even cupped his chin! AND I EVEN LEANED IN AND OH MY GOD I WAS LIKE A PLAY BOY!" Antonio rambles and Lovino chuckles.

"I'm sure you did great, Toni." He reassures him, walking along.

Did he not listen to what he said that night at all?!?

Lovino sighs, his heart tightening. "So... What was his reply?" Antonio looks over at him, a shy smile plastered on his annoyingly charming face.

"Well... I knew he wouldn't accept my confession on the spot so I told him not to rush it and think about it for a moment." Lovino finally breaks.

"WHAT?!" He bursts out, making Antonio flinch a bit. Still the smile wouldn't leave his damn face.

"EVEN WHEN YOU KNEW HE WOULDN'T ACCEPT, YOU STILL DECIDED TO GIVE HIM AN EXTENSION?!?" Antonio nods, dreamily. "Yeah, and maybe when he's thought about it he'll accept my feelings."

"And maybe we'll finally become lovers! Oh, my face feels as red as a tomato now I really want to eat one!"

"HEY! LISTEN TO ME YOU IDIOT!" It's no use, Antonio's too far gone.

Alfred's Side:

He finds Arthur waiting for him on his motorbike. Alfred laughs.

"Hey, why didn't you wait for me at the bleachers?" Alfred asks but he only gets silence from Arthur.

In fact, Arthur isn't even looking at him. It's like there's something going on inside his head.

Alfred furrows his eyebrows. Is he alright...? He reaches out to him.

"Arthur, are you-" Arthur flinches and looks up at him, his green emerald eyes showing a sense of surprise.

"Oh, Alfred you're here..." Arthur mutters, looking away from Alfred again.

Alfred's heart twists. There is something wrong.

"Arthur, do you want to-"

"Let's go home now. I'm... I'm tired." Arthur cuts in and Alfred could only nod, frowning.

Arthur's Side:

***
Once they had arrived to Alfred's sidewalk, Arthur gets off and quickly turns to walk away when a hand grabs his and stops him.

"Arthur... What's going on? You've been acting all distant today... No, all week!" Arthur swallows, guilt boiling on his stomach.

"There's nothing wrong, Alfred. As I've told you many times I'm fine-"