RECAP

Blyke marched through the house with the famous demigod, Perseus Jackson thrown over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

He dropped the unconscious demigod into an uncomfortable metal chair with armrests. Lining Percy's arms up with the rests, he then strapped the son of Poseidon's wrists to the chair. Blyke then repeated the action with Percy's ankles and wrapped a large leather strap around his torso. He casually placed a mouth guard in Percy's mouth to prevent him from biting his tongue and lips.

The chair was bolted to the ground, so nothing was going to fall over when it started.

The chair was also hooked up to a machine, a tool that Lyla needed for this task. She needed something to channel her powers. It was still a rough idea, and would definitely get the demigod, but it was necessary. It wouldn't kill him anyway.

Blyke tossed a drachma into the sink, using some of his ability to create a rainbow and turned on the tap.

Lyla was sitting on her bed, fiddling with something he couldn't see. She looked up upon noticing his Iris Message.

"It's time. You know where." She nodded slowly, avoiding his eyes. He slashed through the IM and waited.

She arrived and stood awkwardly in the doorway. He nodded to her.

"You know what to do." She nodded her head silently. The crazy girl was afraid of him. His powers may not be the strongest, but his personality was something to be feared.

Lyla placed her hands on the machine before her. It whirred to life under her touch, syncing with her power. The unconscious demigod picked up on the sudden spike of power and his breathing accelerated just slightly in response. Lyla felt guilty about what she had to do.

If Blyke was here instead of Adamantine, then that must've meant that she had died.

Lyla closed her eyes, pushing all thoughts and emotions aside. If this were to go properly, without any major damage, then she needed to concentrate.

Blyke watched the daughter of Nyx from across the room. He knew she would have her hesitance, but he also knew she would eventually carry out the plan.

A smile spread across his face. Their plan was going accordingly.

"We'll need something to keep him on our side." Adamantine said, pacing the room.

"You could always brainwash him." Blyke suggested. He was currently the only one present.

"But I don't want to hurt him any more than I have to!" She cried. She went back to nibbling on her fingernails in distress.

"And what do you think the gods do to him? What do think they'll keep doing to him? Lyla could very easily use her powers to brainwash him."

"I know but-"

"You could make him really hate the gods. They wouldn't be able to bring him back. He wouldn't go back, because he won't remember anything good about them. You just have to manipulate his memories correctly." Blyke said. He could tell she was getting more accustomed to the idea.

It took a fair bit more work, but eventually, he won her over. They would use brainwashing as their method.

Lyla began channeling her power over darkness into the machine. It slithered slowly up the wires and tubes and to the chair. It curled around Percy's arms, working its way up to his head. It entered in through his ears. He screamed at the breach. Already it was beginning to hurt.