Chapter Two

He slashed through the abandoned building. It hadn't been abandoned before he got there, but he found everybody cleared out pretty quickly once he did.

He didn't mind. Percy didn't need to chase them. It only made his job easier.

It was just a small library on the outskirts of a town. It was rather secluded and anybody could overlook it, but it was also a shrine for Athena.

That was what he was here for.

Destroying a shrine took away a place of belief. The Greek Gods fed off of belief. It was what kept them alive. If he could weaken them by destroying their places of honour, it would massively reduce their strength, making them easier to overthrow.

Because that's what he was doing.

Annabeth's plan was now his. He would continue it. He would see it to the end and continue the story for her. It was one thing she wanted that he would carry on until the final moment, whatever the result.

Percy continued slashing through the walls with a blade given to him by Blyke.

He turned and glared over his shoulder, heavily scowling. "Are you going to help or what?"

The Asgardian prince shrugged, lounging gracefully on a large flat rock in the area. "Not really. I'm happy with the view I'm getting here."

"Tch." Percy clucked irritatedly, rolling his eyes. The Norse god was nothing but a lazy deadweight, and he said as much. The god shrugged once more and continued watching, not saying a word, eyes narrowed. Percy wouldn't pretend to know what went on inside that head of his. All he needed to focus on was the task at hand, and then report back to Blyke.

His reporting process was always fairly simple.

- Get back from mission.
- Stomp around the house yelling for Blyke and generally pissing everybody off until the son of Iris appeared.
- Tell him where, the type and the damage.

Percy had certainly succeeded at the first two, and now an irritated Blyke stood before him, tapping his foot incessantly, arms crossed as he waited for Percy to start.

"I destroyed the shrine of Athena. It was disguised as a library and was located at exactly where you said so. Walls slashed, windows broken, shelves knocked over, computers smashed." Percy reported. In other case he would've felt guilty, but not this time. Not when it came to the gods.

"What about the books?" Blyke demanded. The damage was good and all, but books were Athena's thing. They would deal the most damage.

"Scattered." Percy said, his voice quieter. He knew Blyke wanted the books destroyed, but he just couldn't do it. Books, knowledge. They were things that she treasured. Her, Annabeth.

"Perseus..." Blyke was serious, as one so often was when his full name was used. Percy flinched. Though he was stronger than Blyke, there were things in this house that Blyke could make Percy become well aquatinted with. Things with which he'd rather not. Particularly Room 18.

"She loved books." Percy muttered quietly under his breath.

Blyke heard him. He was listening.