Chapter Eight

The moment Percy was dumped in a familiar cold chair it was like a shock of wintry water to his senses.

He knew exactly where he was.

He knew exactly what Blyke intended for him.

The son of Poseidon kicked out at Blyke before swinging to his feet.

His kicked went wide and he staggered as he lost his balance. His head throbbed in protest at the sharp movements and his vision blurred. Percy didn't know when Blyke got behind him, but he was.

"You're slow and in pain. You can't fight me." Blyke growled and slammed the side of his hand into Percy's neck.

The demigod cried out as he fell, vision blurring and head spinning. His neck throbbed where he'd been attacked and he gasped for breath.

It was almost like an out of body experience.

He could feel himself being pulled into the chair and strapped down, but at the same time he couldn't. He could feel it but he was watching it. It was happening to him but it wasn't.

No longer could he move.

But that wasn't the problem.

The problem was that soon he wouldn't remember.

He'd just gotten them back.

Maybe not all his memories, but at least the ones of his family. Estelle and Sally. The two he'd seen in the graveyard. He didn't want to forget them! He couldn't!

Percy growled as he tried to escape. The room began to shudder which grew into large shakes. Decorative objects to set the mood of the room rattled and fell to the floor. Percy yelled as his power continued to release in waves.

Blyke shook Percy's shoulders rapidly, but it wasn't causing the earthquake to subside. He shouted out for somebody but through the angry haze in his mind, Percy couldn't tell who.

He faintly felt the hands leave his shoulders and something was shoved in his mouth. He spat it out only to receive a slap and have it jammed back in again.

The sink in the corner burst, producing a fountain of water.

"Stop it! You're just exhausting..." Percy heard faintly.

We're they talking to me?

Doesn't matter!

Don't forget!

Don't forget!

I am not a pawn!

Even if it meant bringing the place down around him. If that's what it took then that is what he would do.

Images appeared in his memory. Estelle. Sally. Paul. He remembered them all. He didn't want to forget. He couldn't. He wouldn't!

The door banged open and there was more panicked yelling. Something sailed over his head.

Percy soon felt a spark of power in the corner of the room. It was slowly getting closer to him.

Closer.

Closer.

And then it was there.

A thick coil of cold darkness slithering over his skin. The earthquake stopped. His power condensed, prepared to spring out the moment the darkness' intention was clear.

And then it begun.

Loki listened from outside the room in the hallway. He slid down the wall, wishing he could shrink and disappear.

He had caused this.

If only he hadn't given Percy to Blyke. If only he'd been more careful coming into the house. If only, if only, if only.

Percy was seen as a hero. Heroes were supposed to be brave, strong people. People who could withstand anything.

But they still felt pain. They still felt fear.

Screw being a hero. If everybody expected you to feel nothing but the urge for justice then it was something Loki never wanted to be. You can't just block out the pain, no matter how strong you are. It breaks you. Both mentally and physically.

Loki scrunched his eyes shut and crushed his hands over his ears.

The screams were all too similar. All to similar to his own.

Don't remember that time.

Not right now.

That wasn't what was important right now.

But he couldn't change it now.

Despite the pain Loki felt responsible for causing Percy, it was the better alternative.

Not the best, not the one that he'd wanted. But better than Percy being contained in a cell. At least this way he could gradually ease back Percy's memories. And this time he would keep it from Blyke.

No matter what.

Slowly Lyla's power receded. Percy's chest heaved, sweat flowing off his heated skin. His head hung low, empty of irrelevant memories. Or at least, memories that were irrelevant to Blyke. But they meant the world to Percy.

But he didn't know that.

And Percy couldn't for the life of him understand where the overwhelming wave of sorrow that washed over him came from.

And he just stared mindlessly ahead, the anger returning as he drowned in his pain.

~~~~

Can I just say that holy Styx I've just planned out the rest of Fight to the Surface (there's gonna be about thirty-six chapters) and I've decided there's gonna be a third book. So much for wrapping it up in this book 😂

Remember, Percy was unconscious last time when he was brainwashed, so he doesn't recall any of it. But y'all should remember. If not, go reread 'RECAP'.

Also we have 4 exchange students from Korea in our class but I don't speak any Korean 😭. Can anybody tell me how to say hello in Korean?

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama