Chapter Six

So it was true.

The prince really didn't remember them. He didn't remember his time with them or how he ended up with them in the first place. He hadn't gone investigating about where Shay went, they knew because that would lead to them, and he hadn't shown up. Nor had he do anything than react with pain to her presence. He didn't come back. It was as if they never met.

Natasha wondered if he at least remembered his family, or if they were too much of a nuisance to be remembered.

Whether or not this was the case, Sally Jackson deserved to know.

According to Thor, the prince and the dead girl were close- lovers. Surely Sally would've met the girl once or twice. Perhaps she could glean some information on her.

Natasha would go back to the tower to talk it over with the others.

~~~~

Steve and Natasha stood at the doorstep of Sally Jackson's flat. They wore civilian clothes with hats and sunglasses, a cliche attempt at disguising themselves. They looked more like they were heading to a baseball game rather than confronting a mother about her demigod son's brainwash-induced amnesia.

They were still trying to wrap their heads around the whole demigod thing.

Both members of the Avengers were quite, deep in their own thoughts as Steve mindlessly knocked on the door.

The pair were still thinking when the door shuddered and hesitantly opened.

"Hello?" A small voice answered the door.

Steve blinked and had to do a double take when he found himself having to look down.

A small girl stood in the doorway. Steve vaguely recalled that Percy had a sister from his last visit. Given the current chaos, it had slipped his mind.

Steve fished for a name as he knelt in front of the girl and hoped he had the right one.

"Hi, Estelle. Is your mom home?" He asked politely.

She nodded her head before telling them to wait there and dashed back inside, presumedly to retrieve her mother.

Sally Jackson came back with Estelle balanced on her hip.

"Come in." She said gravely.

Percy wasn't with them thus it wasn't hard to put two and two together to figure out that something had happened.

It gave her some relief at least that it wasn't a couple of suits that had shown up on her doorstep. If her son was dead, they would've refused to come in and just give it to her straight.

"He's not dead, if that's what you were thinking." Natasha spoke up out of the silence. Before the conversation could begin, Sally had placed Estelle with her toys and disappeared into the kitchen, emerging armed with cookies and drinks.

"I figured that wasn't what you were here to talk about." She admitted, fiddling uncomfortably. Estelle picked up on her mother's discomfort, watching on with a silent, worried expression, her toys laying untouched. "What's happened to him?"

"There is this group that we've come to face," Steve had no idea how to tell her. "And according to Thor they are like Percy."

This caught Sally's attention, but she said nothing in case they didn't know.

"We know about Percy's heritage, Sally." Natasha informed. Sally simply nodded stiffly.

"They've currently got him with them, and they've brainwashed him. He doesn't remember us, and might not remember you." Steve said, carefully gauging her reaction.