Chapter Twelve

It had been a long time since any of them had been there. To the apartment in Manhatten. The place where Percy once lived. The place where they were hoping Sally Jackson and her family still lived. It was a chilly evening and the sky was only just starting to darken.

Their best bet at finding Percy was to talk to Sally because there was no way Percy would just up and leave without telling her something. It was his fatal flaw. Loyalty.

"Who is knocking?" Hazel asked. She herself had never been here.

An argument broke out over who would knock. Nico offered to just Shadow Travel inside until he was firmly forbidden to by Will.

Finally, Thalia pushed through the group and knocked on the door. She turned around to face them with an irritated look on her face. "Can you all shut up now?" The nodded mutely.

The door opened and Thalia turned around to face the front again. Standing in the doorway was a man who must've been Paul.

Paul did a double take at the sight of six demigods staring back at him.

"Uhm... you are?" He asked. It wasn't too long ago that he'd gotten back from work.

"I'm Will Solace, this is the apartment where Sally Jackson lives, correct?" Will offered his hand to the tired teacher.

"Maybe..." Paul said cryptically. They hadn't asked specifically for Percy and they seemed too polite to be monsters.

"We're friends of Percy," Jason spoke, sensing the man's hesitance. "Thalia, Nico and I are his cousins and this is Piper, Hazel, and Will."

Paul nodded his head in understanding. He had heard of them from his step-son before. So he ushered them inside.

"I assume you're here wanting an explanation about Percy's recent memory loss?" Paul asked before calling out to his wife. He turned around to face shocked demigods.

"WHAT!?" They exclaimed as a collective group.

"That's not it...?" Paul trailed off awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Honey? You called?" Sally asked, rounding the corner. She had been making dinner when she was called. It was then that she noticed some very familiar family members in the room. With a shout of joy, Sally pulled the ones she recognized into an awkward hug. Thalia hugged the mother right back. When she finally let them go she asked, "What brings the lot of you here? -Not that I'm unhappy to see you of course."

"It's about Percy," Piper said. There was no use beating around the bush. "What has he done that warrants being hunted down by the Olympian Council?"

They had a very long talk, Sally giving them the rundown on what had happened and her encounter with Percy in the graveyard. There were a few tears throughout her story. She told them about this group that had taken and brainwashed Percy. About how Annabeth created the aforementioned group. Sally told them of the Avengers and this was where they butted in.

"Avengers?" Hazel asked. She was bouncing a happy Estelle on her knee.

"Yes. They are the heroes of New York. One of them you may have heard of is Thor, the Norse god."

They'd vaguely heard of him.

"But wait, why are the Avengers looking for Percy?" Nico asked. He sat curled up against Will on the couch.

Sally almost smiled at the sight.

"He was apart of their team until not long ago. They could help you just as much as you could help them. They have the same goal in mind as you. The Avengers could give you more information than I can." Sally offered, already searching for a piece of paper and a pen. She scribbled down an address. "Here. Go here. If they won't see you tell them I sent you. If that doesn't work then I'll go barging in myself."

They nodded and Jason accepted the scrap of paper.

They said their goodbyes.

Estelle called out after them, "Bring back my brother!"

The demigods set out with one final destination in mind.

Let's go pay a visit to these Avengers.

~~~~

I skipped over the main talk between Sally and the six of them because it's just stuff you've heard a hundred times before.

Peace

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama