Chapter Thirty-One

Percy was tired. Tired of it all. Why should he be the target of all the Fate's manipulative ploys? What even was the purpose of this particular chain of events? There was no quest issued, no powerful entity at large- unless Blyke counted. But it's likely that the moment he walks up to the gates of Olympus, Zeus would smite him were he stands. Why did Percy have to be so intertwined with it all? Why did his family have to be involved? Why did he have to end up back here, stuck with seemingly no way out and surrounded by the horrors of his past?

The demigod found it to be too much. He stood up and retreated to a new room that wasn't there in the past, closed off from the rest of the hut by a drakon skin, leaving behind the two other beings.

"The Doors of Death are no longer open." Damasen said. Did that mean that he and Loki were stuck down here forever?

Gods no. Percy didn't think he could handle that.

Loki was quick to follow him. He saw Percy sitting in the middle of the bed, head in his hands. Loki said nothing and sat down next to the demigod.

For a while they just sat in silence, until Loki finally spoke, "How do you cope?"

Percy laughed bitterly. "I don't really. But losing it on the outside doesn't help anyone. However on the inside I'm screaming. For what- I don't know. Help? Safety? A replacement? Death?"

Loki gave Percy a look and Percy sighed. "Or at least a little respect." He added. "Kicking Blyke's ass would certainly be a bonus."

"Not if I raze it first." Loki said playfully, nudging the sullen demigod. He received no hint of humour.

"That's my job. Gods, what would I do if he succeeded in pushing Estelle down here? I should've prevented all of this. It doesn't help that he screwed over my memories. I don't remember half of what's real, but I recall plenty that isn't. I didn't even know the gods fought with us against Gaia. I didn't even know that I caused it. That I was responsible for all those deaths. And now-" Percy's voice was beginning to crack. "Now I've dragged you down here and Damasen back into it too!"

Loki sighed sadly, his body feeling heavy. He drew Percy into his side as the Sea Prince began to cry. For his lost memories, his past, his bleak looking future, the family that's been dragged through so much because of him. Loki rubbed Percy's shoulder as a comforting gesture.

"You can't hold onto this forever. You cannot bottle your emotions up like this because always it will overflow. So let it out. Let it go. Trust me. A good cry every now again never hurt anybody."

And so Percy broke down. His eyes overflowed with tears, much like his emotions spilling from a cracked and battle worn bottle. He cried into the red hazy night, inside a bottomless pit where few would hear him and fewer would care.

He didn't notice the heavy footsteps of the approaching giant, nor did he register the face of Damasen peering in.

He looked at the demigod, broken and crying into the arms of the Asgardian Prince and smiled.

A good match. Help him move on.

And thus he turned and retreated.

Though Percy did not see the burly giant, Loki certainly did. Though he didn't know the thoughts in Damasen's head, he was grateful their ally left them in peace.

And thus Loki and Percy stayed together until the demigod cried himself into absolute exhaustion and collapsed in Loki's lap, fast asleep. His breath hiccuped occasionally and his face was streaked with tears, but at least now he slept.

Now the bottle had drained- even if just a little.

~~~~

Short and sweet I suppose. Next up, they discuss how they're gonna get out.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama