Chapter Thirty-Six

"Sophie!?" Percy demanded of the girl below him.

"You're supposed to be unconscious." She snarled.

"And you're  supposed to be with Blyke, not here." He growled. He needed to check on Loki but Percy had no doubt in his mind that she would attack him if he turned his back on her. So he breathed in deep and yelled at the top of his lungs, making her flinch. "HELP! TROUBLE IN THE INFIRMARY!"

It may have been late, but everyone was on edge, so soon after his call footsteps came running.

"Percy!" Weill exclaimed. "Bed! Now!"

Percy got up off if Sophie, keeping a sting hold on her. "Detain her. She's working with Blyke and tried to kill Loki." He informed.

Will nodded and handed her off to another demigod. She could've just burned him, but the attention of the entire camp on her was not in her bucket list. Not to mention Percy was awake and a water user, her opposite element.

After that, everything was a blur for Percy. The adrenaline was wearing off and everything was coming back to hit Percy in the face like a truck.

Sometime, couldn't have been too long after Percy's cry raised the alarm, Chiron came along and escorted Sophie to a make shift prison in the bottom of the Big House.

Confirmed and trusted campers were handling Loki as Will coaxed the stressing demigod back into bed. The unconscious demigod on watch was moved inside the infirmary and being treated too.

Nico came in, rather late and looking frazzled and alarmed, Hazel not far behind him.

"What happened?" Nico demanded.

"Not right now. He needs to sleep. Look, he's already passing out again." Will shook his head as the demigod's eyes rolled and fluttered, signs that Percy was trying- and losing his battle not his sleep.

Soon he slept.

Meanwhile, Chiron was in the basement with an agitated Enemy and two allies. Chiron needed to be updated on what had been happening outside of camp, especially since it had now come tumbling into camp itself. Will and Nico had sped through everything they knew.

Chiron approached Sophie, a vial of liquid in hand.

"A truth serum?" She laughed. "And from wizards no less? You don't need to use that. Ask away." She sneered.

"And risk my students because you tell a little lie? I think not." Chiron said.

She did not take the concoction easily, but finally they managed to make her drink it.

She stumbled away from them, spitting and coughing. She wiped her mouth. "Leave me alone." She growled.

"Why did you try to kill Loki?" Chiron asked. It was quiet, but he knew she could hear him.

Even without the potion she would've answered that.

"Hit 'em where it hurts." She grinned.

~~~~

Percy woke up again, a few minutes later and stumbled out of bed. He was weak, nowhere near good enough condition to be out and about, but nonetheless he needed to see Sophie. Why was she here? How did she get here? What was her plan? What was Blyke's plan? Why did she try to kill Loki?

Percy lurched forwards, knocking items off the side table as he attempted to leave. The room spun around him. The new person on watch yelped and forced Percy back into bed. The new guard was Hazel.

"Stay here." She said.

"But-"

"Or I will tie you to the bed. Stay with Loki."

"Dam fatal flaw." Percy grumbled as he lay back down. Hazel returned to her post. Percy rolled over and stared at Loki's sleeping features.

Nothing more would harm him tonight.

The kiss Loki had mentioned came to mind and Percy buried his head in his pillow. How am I even supposed to take that? Percy thought, A bright colour coming to his currently pale cheeks.

Gods be dammed Loki!

However, down in the basement, more dreadful thoughts were running through Sophie's mind. An Ares camper had been posted outside her door. She was finally alone and dreading the result she had to give Blyke.

From her pocket she pulled a coin. It was not unlike a drachma, though slightly altered. As a son of Iris it was Blyke's design. However it didn't require water, or a rainbow. All that was needed was to press a specific side on the coin and your message would be sent. There were specific coins for specific messages this. This coin would tell Blyke whether she succeeded and Loki was dead, or if she'd failed and he still breathed.

Her hands shook as she pressed the side of the coin with the picture of a noose.

Far across the land, Blyke slammed his hands down on the table in frustration. A coin appeared in front of him and a holographic sign was projected.

PLAN FAILED.

He could no longer rely on Percy.

It was time to take drastic measures.

~~~~

This is the last chapter of book 2. Next part will be the epilogue. Then that brings Fight to the Surface to a close and I'll start planning book 3.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama