Chapter Nineteen

Tony tried to ignore his nerves and made a smart remark instead.

"Starbucks eh? Bit of a cliché place to meet don't you think?" Tony asked, ignoring the cold and bored look he was receiving.

Blyke made no response nor did he attempt to initiate a conversation. Tony bit his lip and tried again.

"Look, if we're sitting in a coffee place, Starbucks at that, then I'm getting coffee. Any objections? No? Good." Tony stood up again, making his way to the counter to order as Blyke gritted his teeth and allowed it. After a week of planning and waiting, finally everything would be set in motion.

A few minutes later Tony returned with two cups of coffee.

"Hope you don't mind my choice... Blake." Tony said with a small smirk, spinning the name on the cup around to face the demigod.

"Of course not, Thomas."

"Shut up. It was the first thing that came to mind."

"Down to business. I'm sure by now you've heard of Percy's heritage from that insufferable god I'm positive you're in cahoots with, would I be correct?" Blyke began.

"I don't-"

"Don't tell me you don't know. Both he and Prince Perseus are gone. I know you're all in contact. In fact I have evidence. You can't bullshit me."

Well okay then Mr. Sherlock Holmes.

"So what? They're gone. I sure as hell don't know where. Plan over, right?" Tony smirked, leaning back in his chair. So what was the point of calling for him?

"Of course not." Blyke said.

Of course not. Tony thought.

"You see, what finally made Loki take Perseus and leave was that I shoved the prince in a place Loki really didn't want him to be. It's a place that has driven people insane if left there too long. As of right now, I wouldn't consider Perseus to be 'mentally stable'." Blyke intentionally left out the fact that this was a week ago, allowing Tony to think it was recent, possibly just yesterday.

"So?" The man was bugging to fidget.

"With no place else to go, where do you think is the first place Loki is going to take Perseus?" Blyke watched Tony's face pale and his expression full.

Tony felt his gut drop.

"Avenger Tower." He said quietly.

"You're absolutely right. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are the one who shot and killed his girlfriend, correct?"

Tony nodded numbly, recalling her death.

"That same girlfriend he would die for, kill for. And she would do the same. The girl who literally died for him. More or less. But you don't know the full story. As I said, in this present moment Perseus isn't what one would consider completely sane. I bet he would just love to rip into you. Tear you apart, take something precious from you. Perhaps that woman? What was her name, ah, Pepper? Pepper Potts?"

Tony leaned forwards and growled. "You leave Pepper alone!"

"Oh it's not me who will be harming her, as I said. Perseus is the one on the loose. All that's been holding him back is me. My rules that kept him bound. I don't think that god will be much help to you, given the lost love between you two." Blyke sneered.

Tony's heart pounded. What the hell was he still doing here? He needed to go, he needed to find her, make sure she was-

"I can make sure that doesn't happen."

Tony froze.

One sentence.

One sentence was all it took and Tony was back in that seat.

"How? I'm not joining you if that's what you're asking." He studied the teenager before him intently.

"I'm not asking you to join me. I'm already well aware that's off the table. All you gotta do is send a little letter and I'll do the rest. I promise you, Perseus will come running back to me in no time."

One little letter.

One little letter to Sally Jackson and her daughter on a Saturday morning, asking them to come for a chat.

~~~~

Yep. That happened. I'm running out of things to say here. Uh, that book from earlier, the Gospel of Loki is really good. Go read it.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama