Chapter Fifteen

Loki hadn't told him exactly why they were going to Central Park after destroying Hermes' Altar, but it wasn't back to that suffocating house so he had little problem with it.

"What the hell was that, by the way?" Percy frowned, recalling the conversation with Blyke just over an hour ago.

"What was what?" Loki asked innocently.

"You know what." Percy scowled and shoved Loki. The god barely stumbled and simply laughed.

"You need not take it to heart, Percy. Unless you'd like to consider this a date." I don't think meeting old friends to recover distorted and lost memories to be very good date material, he thought wryly.

"Absolutely not." He was not up for dating. Not now and not in the future. Not after that. Not after her. Besides, he didn't swing that way.

As if reading his mind, Loki's form shifted, growing more curvy and slightly shorter. "I can be female if you wish it." Loki grinned deviously. He was toying with the demigod.

Percy yelped and stumbled away from Loki in shock. "Please don't do that." Percy pleaded, refusing to look at Loki's form, cheeks tinted pink. Even Loki's clothes had morphed. He looked very different.

Loki pouted but changed back to his preferred Aspect. "Nobody is any fun these days. Even when I first came into this world after leaving the Realm of Chaos. There were few things I enjoyed on Asgard, admittedly sex being one of them. Sadly even that was restricted. If I recall correctly such taboos were 'no animals, men, married women, siblings or demons'. No wonder those dam gods are so uptight." He grumbled.

"I do not care about your sex life, Loki, please, I beg of you, just stop talking about it."

Loki grinned at the increasingly uncomfortable demigod. It was a way of lightening the mood that was soon to drop. Perhaps not the most appropriate topic, but at least Percy's nerves of what may be happening next were eased.

At least, until Percy began to make out six figures in the near distance, sitting in a secluded part of Central Park, as not to be disturbed. Still, he was not yet close enough to see them.

Loki couldn't have the demigod freak out even before they got there, so he forced Percy to stop and tied a piece of fabric firmly over his eyes.

Percy yelped and tried to pull it off, "Loki, what-"

"Trust me. Remember all that talk of trust yesterday? Trust me." Percy nodded and allowed himself to be guided towards the group of people.

Several times he stumbled, but Loki ensured he stayed upright and finally he was coaxed into a sitting position.

Percy could sense the tension in the air, still the blindfold was not removed.

"One voice at a time. Percy, tell me if you recognise them." Loki instructed, keeping Percy close. No matter how secluded they might be, somebody screaming or yelling in pain was sure to attract attention.

For a moment nobody spoke.

"Well fine then. If no one else will speak up first then I will." Thalia said, but even her voice was shaky. "I find it dam hard to believe you've forgotten about about us Kelp Head."