Chapter Thirteen

To say the Avengers were confused when six teenagers showed up on their doorstep was an understatement.

"Look, kids. You can't come up." Tony tried to argue.

"Why can't you understand? Just listen to us!" Jason protested, standing firm as Tony tried to push him back out the door. Emphasis on tried.

"It's really important. We need to see these people called the 'Avengers'." Thalia grumbled. She didn't believe these 'Avengers' would be all too impressive.

Natasha sighed. They didn't seem to recognise who they were. Tony stood there spluttering as they didn't realise they were already talking to them.

"If it's trouble, you should go to the police. Unless somebody is trying to take over the world." She said.

Oh you have no idea.

"For crying out loud, we can't go to the police with demigod problems!" Piper exclaimed, bursting to the front of the group.

There was silence.

"Did you say demigod?" Steve blinked.

"Yes. We were told by Sally Jackson that we could find Thor and the Avengers here." Hazel spoke up quietly.

"You're here about Percy aren't you?" Bruce said, although it was more of a statement than a question.

"What about Percy?" Another voice only one group of lifesavers recognised.

"Loki." Clint growled.

Loki brushed past Clint, stepping into the tower and ignoring him.

"Who wants to know about Percy and why?" Loki said stubbornly, folding his arms across his chest.

"Uh, better question, how do you know Percy, and who are you?" Nico demanded, protectiveness flaring.

Loki told the childish route. "I asked you first."

Nico followed. "Well I asked you second." Loki poked his tongue out at the child of darkness.

Will pulled Nico back towards him, breaking up the impending fight.

"I'm Will Solace, we're here about Percy Jackson. He's a friend of ours and we need to see him."

"You're demigods." Loki stated. Given the reclusive nature of the raven haired demigod Loki was presently charged with protecting, he figured with the life Percy lead he'd only be close with people who were like him. Too many other things could go wrong otherwise. If you know Percy was a demigod, it wasn't hard to work things out from there.

"So, what's it to you?" Thalia asked, fire burning in her eyes and just daring Loki to question them.

"Tony, go get Thor." Natasha mumbled to the billionaire.

"Tony go get Thor," he mocked under his breath. "Who put you in charge?" He grumbled as he walked away nonetheless. He mumbled under his breath something about "Why Thor and the Avengers? What's wrong with Tony and the Avengers. It's my tower."