Prologue

Percy's power suddenly disappeared, taking the frantic whirl of water with him, along with the two boys nearby.

"Where'd he go?" Thor yelped in surprise. "What happened?" He noticed the collapsed Avengers. He scowled as he noticed Loki approaching them. "Leave them be, Loki."

"Are you accusing me of doing something wrong? Me of all people? I'm hurt, brother." Loki said mockingly, feigning hurt. Thor offered no response, dragging the God of Mischief away. "Where are we going now?"

"The beach. Can't you sense him there?" Thor stated, determinedly dragging Loki behind him.

"Yes, I can. You're just dragging me everywhere today, aren't you?" Thor remained silent. Loki irritatedly pulled himself out of Thor's grasp. "I can walk just fine, thank you." Thor merely grunted.

It wasn't hard to find the place where Percy had last used his power. The sea refused to touch that area, leaving signs of somebody being dragged away clear as day. It was as if the sea was saying 'bring me back my prince'.

"Well, he's not here." Loki said, pointing out the obvious.

"I can see that, brother."

"We don't know where he went either." Loki continued. He could find out where Percy went fairly easily, but it was just too much fun getting a rouse out of Thor.

"I am aware of that, Loki!"

"Oh good. Because I am aware he went that way."

"I KNOW- what?" Thor hesitated. He'd been expecting the other god to take another jab.

"You can still sense his power. It clings to him. They went that way." Loki pointed out the direction. Thor took a deep breath, forcing himself to remain calm. He walked past the God of Mischief, following the faint sense of the demigod's power. Loki chuckled lightly and followed behind.

The house they came across was huge. It was not like most mortal houses. Definitely not the ones found in the city anyway. It was more of a mansion.

A big, creepy, mansion.

Surprise, surprise. Loki thought sarcastically.

They were crouched behind a mass of shrub scouting out the mansion. It was made almost entirely of cobblestone, the slabs coated with thick overgrown ivory plants. Massive wooden arches supported the roof. The mansion branched off in many different directions, proving how big the house was. The clouds covering the sun didn't make the house feel any cheerier.

"You stay here and figure out a way to get inside. I need to talk to go." Thor whispered in Loki's ear.

"Wha-!?" Thor interrupted Loki, covering the Norse's mouth with his hand.

"Shh! This is your task is return for your freedom. Help Perseus. I will eventually return. Good luck, brother." And then Thor was gone.

Loki scowled, frantically wiping his mouth on his sleeve. He could just leave, but he didn't exactly feel like being hunted down to the far corners of the Earth either. Not today anyway.

He sighed, resigning to his fate. Already plans for his admittance to the mansion were forming in his head. He was going over which one would be the most effective when his sensitive hearing picking up on the sound of a heavy door opening and closing gained his attention.

A girl with a mop of brown hair was leaving the house, clearly headed in the direction of the city.

A predatory grin spread across his face.

There was his ticket in.

~~~~

He'd followed the girl to a supermarket. She was clearly doing only a quick run and not a serious shop. He'd picked up a random packet of something off the nearest shelf to make it seem as though he'd been shopping and not practically stalking her. Not that he had any idea what he was holding.

What kind of a name is Playtex anyway?

When Loki saw her turning into a new isle he slipped down and stood right at the corner. Oblivious to her surroundings the demigod noticed the Norse a little too late, crashing into him. Loki caught her instead of allowing her to fall.

Almost immediately her features narrowed, understanding what the aura he casted meant.

"Why hello there little demigod."

~~~~

If you don't get it, Playtex is a pad brand...

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama