Chapter Twenty-Seven

He awoke coughing and spluttering, giving Loki a heart attack. Quickly, the Asgardian Prince backed away, trying to make it seem as if nothing had happened.

Slowly Percy's eyes opened. He groaned as the jagged shores dug into his back. The pain felt numbed, rapidly disappearing as the fire water coursed through his veins.

His lips felt tingly, a sensation he was familiar with, yet hadn't felt in a long time.

Percy frowned, touching his fingertips to his forehead gingerly. He seemed to be in one piece. For now.

He had yet to register where they were, despite the poisonous surroundings.

"What happened?" He mumbled, trying to piece together the scattered fragments of the recent past.

"A lot, I tell you." Loki grumbled, recalling the peculiar glowing girl.

"And why do I feel like I've been kissed?" He asked.

"It's your imagination. It seems to be going wild. Who down here would want to kiss you?" Percy raised an eyebrow at this.

"Oh jeez I wonder." Percy deadpanned. He opened his mouth to further his questions when a massive force narrowed into him from behind, knocking him over. Sliver trailed down his neck and Percy groaned in dismay. A thunderous bark echoed, scarily loud in his ears. He turned to face the source of his current predicament.

When he saw who was there an instinctively large grin lit up his face.

"Mrs O'Leary!" He exclaimed joyfully. "Hey girl! What're you doing here?" He rubbed her belly and her foot thumped rapidly against the ground as he did so.

Now that he thought about it, where even was here?

It was familiar, and Percy sensed that it wasn't in a good way.

He took in his surroundings, the river of fire flowing past at their feet, the jagged shores of glass and the poisonous red haze in the air.

Tartarus.

Percy stumbled back from the hellhound, landing on his backside as everything came crashing in. His scattered memories suddenly came together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Tartarus. They were in Tartarus. Here. Here again. Could they escape this time? Would he survive? Would-

"Hey, Percy. Don't freak out." Loki spoke softly, lightly placing his hands on Percy's shoulders. The demigod flinched. Then it dawned upon him.

He shoved Loki away from him. "You idiot! What are you doing here too!?"

Loki gained a hurt expression.

"Why would you jump in after me, Loki?" Percy moaned miserably. Now they were both stuck down here. "You almost never do anything without something to gain."

"I have a goal." Loki said, a warm, but sad smile taking over his features.

"A goal?"

"Mhmm... It's a bit of a handful, but I want to get there someday. I think I'm past the point of being able to stop chasing after it."

Percy rose an eyebrow. "Why do you have to be near me then?" Once he realised how rude that may have come off as he added lamely, "No offence."

"Because you're absolutely necessary for that goal." Loki watched Percy's reaction and sighed. The daft demigod still didn't get it.

He was Loki's goal.

~~~~

So, it was a tip from somewhere to start a social media page for my Wattpad account. So I did, on Instagram. There will be a variety of things posted, covers, official things, maybe the odd funny thing, a favourite comment from each chapter, updates, reveals, etc. man I'm really specific aren't I?

So anyway, go find btswd_wattpad on Instagram!

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama