Chapter Twenty-One

Percy wasn't doing much when it came.

He was sitting in bed, a place he'd barely left all week and he was waiting for Loki to return. He'd had a fright when he'd woken up and discovered Loki was nowhere to be found, scared the Blyke might've been here. But a letter confirming his whereabouts and assuring that he'd be back soon managed to calm him.

Until a misty vision appeared at the end of his bed.

As if that wasn't bad enough given that few people Iris Messaged him these days, the person who could be seen in the IM was worse.

But who he was with was far, far worse.

"Estelle?" Percy gasped, rocketing out of bed. She whimpered and stared at him with pleading eyes.

The five year old girl was clawing at the arm of somebody Percy never wanted her to meet.

"What, no hello for me?" Blyke grinned darkly.

"Let her go." Percy demanded, glowering at the demigod through the projection.

"Of course not. My plan won't work otherwise." Blyke laughed, holding on to her tighter.

"What do you want." He growled lowly. Nobody messes with his family.

"I want you to get your butt over here pronto. And with no funny business, otherwise she'll suffer for it." Blyke warned. Out of his back pocket he pulled a pocket knife. Small, silver and glinting in the sunlight. Percy knew that would do a lot of damage to Estelle. He gritted his teeth and nodded.

"Where?"

"The mansion. Be here in two minutes." Blyke grinned, his eyes lighting up as he watched Percy realise he wouldn't make it in such a small time frame.

"That's impossible!" Percy shouted. Absolutely no way!

"It's not impossible. Not for you. If you don't, I'll make sure to stain her skin a pretty red. You bring anyone, and I'll do as much anyway." The knife hovered over her throat. Estelle stared at it wide-eyed, filling up with tears as she gulped. "Time is ticking."

And he slashed through the image.

And then Percy started panicking.

What do I do? How do I get there? Two minutes!

"Time is ticking." Blyke's words echoed in his head.

What was something he used nowadays to get around quickly.

Water travel.

He shut his eyes and forced himself to calm down. It took concentration. He focused on a water molecule to focus on near the place and imagined rebuilding himself around it.

And slowly, he dissolved into water particles.

Percy took a deep breath when he re-emerged, this time in the garden of the mansion.

He kicked in the door, bursting inside.

"WHERE IS SHE!" He shouted, eyes rapidly scanning the room.