Chapter Sixteen

Loki couldn't put into words the emotions he felt when he received a summoning from Blyke.

Had he found out?

How?

He won't touch Percy. I won't let him.

"You called?" Loki leaned casually against the doorframe, face a facade of calm, masking the chaos of emotions whirring beneath the surface.

"I have a task for you." Blyke said offhandedly.

For once Loki couldn't tell. Does he know?

"It depends on the task." Loki said.

"Food. We need some more. Go get some."

Loki did a double take.

"Food? You're sending me on a supermarket trip!?" He asked incredulously.

"Of course. You live here, you contribute." Blyke stated. "Got a problem with it?"

Loki gritted his teeth. I'll contribute to your features if you want!

"Certainly. I hope you don't mind if I take company." Loki was not leaving Percy here alone. Already he was suspicious. Loki wasn't stupid, Zachary had been sent out for food yesterday. The kitchen was still stocked.

"It is a one person job, Loki. I trust you aren't that incompetent. Goodbye."

Loki said nothing more and left. He knew Blyke would watch him leave, in fact, he'd probably send somebody after him to make sure Loki actually went to the store.

He was correct, for not long after, somebody snuck out of the house and began trailing him. As if that would stop him.

But one thing was certain.

Blyke knew.

~~~~

The moment Loki left, Blyke was up and out of his chair. Sylva already knew to follow the god.

Blyke knew the god and his reputation well enough to know he would be back soon. He had little time.

He wasn't going to brainwash Percy again, no. That would be by far pointless. If he did, Loki would simply bring his memories back again.

But how much did Percy remember? More to the point, did he remember his family? Raiding Loki's room was one way to find out.

If Blyke couldn't make Percy stay with him, he would make the demigod too scared too leave.

Loki's room was rather bare, nothing of personal possession in the room other than clothing which was all the same.

How original.

But inside the pillow case was exactly what Blyke was hoping for.

A picture of Percy's family.

That was all he needed.

~~~~

Percy jolted upright at the sound of somebody charging into his room, the door banging noisily into the wall.

Blyke towered over his bed, anger clear on the son of Iris' features.

"Blyke, what-" the covers were yanked back and Percy was hauled out of bed by his hair. He yelped in pain, struggling to be released but to no avail.

Not brainwashing. Please. No.

But that could be done while he was unconscious. It would be far easier to just knock him out and be done with it.

No. Blyke wanted him awake. It wasn't brainwashing.

It was something else.

Something worse.

No.

There was a room at the end of the hall. The sense of sorrow and fear seemed to drench the area.

No!

There was a plaque on the door.

Not there!

Blyke opened the door and shoved Percy inside, slamming it closed before Percy could fully function.

Any lights initially on inside went out. Smoke filled the room, images danced across Percy's vision.

The door was locked, bolted shut from the outside.

Percy banged on the door, yelling as his vision became even more unclear.

Not here!

Sometimes remembering was worse than forgetting.

Not Room 18!

~~~~

This is gonna be so bad. All this big build up and at the end y'all are gonna be like : "Is that it?"

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama