Chapter Thirty-Five

It was nearing evening, and a few campers were in the midst of playing a game of volleyball when a couple of men materialised above the net. They came tumbling down, taking the net with them and falling in a tumble of limbs and fabric. The volleyball bounced to the end of the court, now forgotten.

There were shouts of alarm that attracted attention from most who could hear them. Shouts of alarm never necessarily meant something good.

A crowd quickly gathered around the two unconscious people. Some stood unsure of what to to, others held weapons. There was one who retreated upon the sight of them with a gasp as another shoved through the crowd.

"Give us some space! Back up!" A member of the Apollo cabin shouted as they came forward. She spun around and pointed at the nearest camper. "Go get Chiron."

She approached cautiously. The girl's name was Kirsty. She rolled them over and gasped. There features were those she recognised- or at least, those of the famous Percy Jackson. Though he left camp many years ago, he was still well known.

Murmurs between people began, whispers exchanged. All a single name, Percy Jackson.

"Make way."

The crowd parted like the Red Sea as an old centaur made his way through the crowd. He gazed down at the old camper and said, "Well, well, my boy. What kind of mess have you gotten yourself into this time?" Then he turned to Kirsty. "Gather some people and take them to the infirmary." She nodded and started shouting orders.

Chiron retreated back to the Big House. There were six people he needed to call.

The Iris Message went through and Chiron found himself staring at six people lounging around with anxious looks in their faces. An argument was clearly about to break out. Chiron chose to address the most likely to listen to requests.

"Thalia." He said. Everybody jolted at the sound of his voice. He thought he'd taught them to be more alert than that.

"Chiron! Listen-"

"I need you six to come back to Camp." It was important, an emergency. That was why he interrupted. "Percy has stumbled into Camp. Will, your expertise and leadership is required." Chiron didn't miss how Nico di Angelo threaded his fingers with Will's when the latter was mentioned.

Thalia nodded. "We'll be there as soon as possible."

"I'll shadow travel us." Nico promised.

"Incorrect." Will stated.

Nico turned to the blonde, "What, no I'm not!"

"Doctor's Orders." Will whispered and Nico flushed. Nobody could tell if it were of anger, embarrassment or something else.

And with that, Chiron cut off the message. He would leave it up to them to decide the mode of transport.

Back in the infirmary, they were facing problems. They knew who Percy was, and that he could be fed ambrosia and nectar, but without knowing who or what his companion was, they couldn't give the long haired man either. The dangerous thing was that he was in critical condition, much like Percy, although he was far less serious after a little treatment. But it didn't look like Percy was waking up any time soon to verify who the man was.

Few people were permitted to enter the infirmary at this stage, and almost nobody noticed the red-headed girl in the corner of the room, watching over the two passively as everybody worked around them.

Moments later, stumbling into the room were three people. All three were instantly recognised as Will, Hazel and Nico. Will had finally agreed to be shadow traveled on the condition that Hazel helped Nico bear the wait of it. She helped the son of darkness into a seat in the corner while Will took charge in the room.

The other three were back at the tower. They would come later after informing the Avengers that Percy had been found.

"Will," Kirsty said, grabbing his arm and pointing to Loki. "We don't know who he is, should we give him nectar?"

Will studied the man for a moment. Under all the layers of dirt and grime, there was no doubting who it was. Only Loki would be by Percy's side.

Loki was a Norse god. Perhaps they weren't immortal, more like demigods, but it was still enough to allow Will to take the gamble. They were losing him. He needed nectar. "Give it to him." Will said.

Kirsty handed the cup off to the girl in the corner. "Here, feed him this, but not all of it. That will have the opposite effect. I need to find the stuff to treat his wounds."

Perhaps she should've given the cup to one of her half siblings. But she was panicked, in a hurry. It didn't even register with Kirsty that this girl wasn't permitted to be in here right now.

Loki started burning up, a fever running rampart. Small wafts of smoke curled off his skin as more of the godly food was shoved down his throat. He began to choke, despite his weak state, back arching off the bed.

"STOP IT! TOO MUCH!" Kirsty yelled, wide eyed as she snatched the glass back. The girl flinched and backed away.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't know how much I needed to give him!" She stammered and backed away into the corner. That's wen it registered with Kirsty that this girl wasn't supposed to be here. She probably got lost. The girl was a new unclaimed demigod. She'd not been at Camp Half-Blood long. She was new to all of this. She knew very little. Kirsty cut the girl some slack and gave her a chance to redeem herself.

"Go get an ice pack."

The girl scurried away.

It took a while, but finally everything was under control. Both patients were stable, though still unconscious.

Night fell and somebody came to visit.

It was the unclaimed girl. The person on watch for the night was the first at Camp to suffer from her ability.

His screams were muffled by her hand, which burned against his skin. Her blue eyes gleamed calculatingly as she thought over what to do with him. She could kill him, but he was oh-so-young. She decided to stuff him behind the door instead. He would wake up eventually and raise the alarm, but by then she intended to be long gone.

She had her own orders to execute.

She bent over Loki's unconscious body and brushed a strand of red hair out of her face. She whispered to him, "You should've stayed down there."

Then she picked up a cup and filled it to the brim with nectar. She pulled down his jaw and began to pour the deadly liquid into his mouth.

Though she did not notice, behind her somebody awoke at last. His eyes fluttered open, his vision bleary. His head turned the side where he saw her, trying to overdose Loki on nectar.

His eyes widened and he shot out of bed, ignoring the pain that shot through him. He whacked her hand, knocking the cup away as Loki began to choke. The liquid spilled across the infirmary floor.

She hadn't been expecting it, so though he was injured, he easily pinned her to the floor. He studied her features, a name coming to mind.

Percy stared down at the girl. "Sophie!?"

~~~~

Did I just make Doctor's Orders kinky? I think I might've... depending on your mindset.

I've been watching too much of a show called Grimm and reading too much of Veronica Roth's Carve the Mark. Is it obvious?

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama