Chapter Twenty-Three

"Who's there." Blyke asked in a low voice, going stiff. "Come out now or I'll push her in!"

Loki sighed in resignation. He rounded the corner into full view.

"Hello again." He waved, deciding not to aggravate the situation too much more. Loki thought calling Blyke some other various names that were swimming around in his head was not the appropriate way to go about it.

The two other Avengers with them entered the cavern as well.

"You don't have to do this." Steve said. It was rather pointless in Loki's opinion.

"Hush Rogers. Your patriotism is not required right now." Loki wave ships hand dismissively to the taken aback soldier. "And you do know that if you push her over then you'll lose any bargaining chips you have and Percy can go wild on you. If I don't get there first, that is."

"Shut your trap, Silver Tongue, or I'll shut it for you!"

Shut your trap Silver Tongue.

Loki flinched and his hand instinctively rose to brush his lips. Ghost pain pulsed from his scars in remembrance.

Percy instantly noticed the movement and his eyes narrowed, anger flaring.

As nice and thoughtful as it was that they'd come to help, he all just wished that they'd go away. He could deal with this himself and he didn't want anybody harmed. Not in his watch.

At least, that was his original plan.

But not when Loki, the only one who'd stayed by his side and helped him through everything was under fire. The one who's comforted him, the one who'd given him hope and humour through the dark times.

"You're dam reasoning is the last thing I want to hear!" Blyke hissed.

The stress, and panic, and anger merged into one, blasting through his walls and overriding his logical mind.

Percy lost his cool.

He lashed out at Blyke, calling forth the limited water in the cavern to attack like a snake.

Blyke yelled and decided arguing was no longer an option. That it was pointless.

And he tossed Estelle over the edge.

"Fetch." He snarled.

~~~~

In any and all romance I've ever tried to write I can never stick them together without giving them a little (big) shove by sticking them in a crisis. It just doesn't feel right to me somehow.

Gods help any future partner I may get.

Btw my cat says hello from his comfortable place on my leg as I write. I however am not so comfortable. My legs are going numb.

 My legs are going numb

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama