Chapter Nine

She walked around her new school. She hadn't started all that long ago having just turned five.

Class wasn't too bad. She didn't know what to think of being surrounded with a bunch of people she didn't know.

Estelle kicked a pebble across the cracked concrete ground. She watched quietly as it skirted across the court. Her backpack was slung over both shoulders, her hands clenching the straps.

She just wanted to be alone right now.

There was this image that she just couldn't shake. It was stuck in her head like that one annoying song you could never get rid of.

Percy.

Her brother.

She didn't fully understand the concept of pain yet, but she knew enough that grazing her knee hurt. Disinfecting it possibly hurt more.

Did Percy have a sore?

He didn't remember her.

She knew that much. She heard it from those people. She heard it from her mother. His brain wasn't working properly, they told her.

Did his brain have a sore?

Is that why he looked like it hurt? Did it need disinfecting? Would that make it better? Would that make him remember her?

Estelle didn't know.

She cried out as somebody whizzed past her, colliding with her shoulder and knocking her to the ground.

"Oh sorry, I didn't see you th..." a boy's voice trailed off. He was half way through helping her up when he looked at her features. "Hey you're that new kid! You're two years below me! What's your name again?"

"Estelle Jackson." She said proudly, attempting to ignore the pain in her shins and palms. If Percy could withstand his pain, she could withstand hers.

"Jackson..." the boy pondered her name. It was familiar from somewhere... but where? "Oh! Do you have an older brother called 'Percy'?" He asked.

Estelle nodded.

The boy began to laugh. "My older brother was in the same class as him! Said he was a right freak. Not good in the head! Are you just like him? Are you looney too?"

Estelle yanked her hand back and stood up, feeling as though she'd been burned. Furious tears welled up in her eyes as she stomped her foot into the ground.

"My brother isn't weird!" She yelled at him. She didn't care all too much that she'd been insulted, but the thing about Percy struck home.

He didn't remember her.

Most people remember others after meeting them right?

Did that make her brother weird? Was this boy right?

No. Of course not. He's just mean. Estelle scolded herself.

The boy poked his tongue out at her. "Are you sure? You're not gonna blow up the school are you?" When he took note of her face he sneered, "Gonna hurt me are you? C'mon, I'll give you a free shot! Maybe you'll get expelled like your brother always did!"

Estelle' face scrunched up in anger. She didn't fully comprehend what he was saying nor did she understand what came over her when she did something she was the perfect height to do.

She balled up her fist and punched him right between the legs. If Estelle recalled correctly, it did hurt, because she'd done it to Percy once.

The boy yelped and fell over, cupping his family jewels tenderly as he curled into a ball, mewling in pain.

Then Estelle turned and fled, hot tears streaming down her face.

It was then that she decided she didn't like school.

"Come back home soon please Percy."

~~~~

I'm updating once more tonight to say that I'm going with BookwormMDCCCXIII 's idea of taking two weeks off to write and then mass update. Kind of like Rescue Remedy but like... planned for.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama