Chatper 13

Lilly's P.O.V

Me and pony walked to the park and laid in the grass watching the sky hand in hand together it was so Romantic. So the sun started to set so we stayed and watch when the beautiful colors of pink and gold and many others showed pony said this was a Lovely poem called,

'Nothing gold can stay- Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf's a flower;
but only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.'

"Pony that was beautiful, but what does it mean?" I really don't know what it means but it was still a beautiful poem, "I'm not sure I was hoping you had a idea" he said was his eyes closed. "No but I'm sure you'll think of something because your smart" I said smiling at the night sky, wait night sky "pony what time is it?" I asked the guys I hope they are not looking for us "I don't know but we better go, it could be lat" he said helping me up, "I hope no socs come by" I said looking around making sure "me too let's go" and with that we started walking to the Curtis house.

We walked without saying a word and I liked it it's nice to have someone that not even talking and your happy having next to you, me and pony walked hand in hand only half a block away from the house when we see head lights "p-pony is that a-a soc c-car?" I asked out of fear I forgot my blade.

"I don't know, just act like we don't see them maybe there go away" he said in a fearless voice but I know he just hiding to make me feel safer, he put an arm around and kept our heads down hoping they will just drive past us. We did not get that luck about a good 15 house's way they got out the car.

"Hey greaser" one said "oh look this grease ball got girl" the other said there was about 4 them, "oh looks like he got cute one, how about you forgot get this greaser and come with us?" a brown hair one said. "n-no, j-just l-leave us a-alone" I said scared "I don't think so" Brown hair said. "leave her" pony said pulling me closer to him "and what if I don't" he said with a evil smirk "than you'll be sorry" pony said getting annoyed with this guy.

"Oh I'm so scared" he said in a fake scared voice the others laughed oh ponyboy, that's when pony pulled out a blade "back off or else" pony said opening the blade, "fine but we'll be back" he said they all walked back to the car getting in and speeding away.

"Wow pony I never knew that your so brave!" I said giving him a hug "wait you didn't think I could be brave?" he said acting hurt "no I know you have your moments brave but what I didn't know is that you carry a blade when did that start?" I said as we stared walking again "around the time we started dating I carry it keep you safe" he said putting an arm around pulling me closer to him.

"Thanks pony" I give I'm a kiss on the cheek "anytime" he give me a smile and we walked home together.

We came in to see Mini Rose Jade's big sister talking to darry, "hey Lil" she said waving to me then talking to darry again and he was smiling and laughing. "Hey mini" I said back "bye guys" soda said leaving with Bella "and were are you two going?" I asked with a smirk "a place" she answered "what place?" I asked.

"A place place"

"why?"

"because"

"because what?"

"because me and soda are going on a date"

"I knew it!"

"Okay now go on your date" I added "okay bye" and there out the door, pony was sitting on the couch so I sat on his lap. "And what do you think you are doing" Johnny asked "sitting same as you" I said smiling "no I'm sitting on a chair your on a ponyboy" "so your point is that your sad I'm dating and your not" I'm doing my best to annoy him, "no, now just get of pony and on a chair" he had annoy full in his voice.