Chapter 38: rodeo problems

(Find the song for this chapter on YouTube because it won't let me put it on, Eric Church-Outsiders. I love it!)

Johnny's POV

I was asleep when I felt like someone was watching me, it was a creepy feeling, I felt someone poke me on the cheek, I opened my eyes to see Lilly smiling. "go back to sleep flower its to early" I moaned turning on my side.

"Come on we're going to the rodeo!" she said my eyes shot open a smile grew on my face, I jumped out of bed.

"About time" she laughed I looked at her hair "what did you do?" I asked pointing to her now cut hair it was shorter it looked as if she cut it herself then put into pigtails.

She was wearing a purple shirt with long sleeves one sleeve fell off her shoulder revealing a purple strap part of the shirt and gray skinny jeans and dark purple boots she looked cute. I like the outfit on her but her hair, did she cut it herself, it looks nice, but still.

"Yes I cut my hair" she said smiling, can she read my mind?

"How you know that's what I meant?" I asked getting ready "because you kept looking at my hair, just because it's almost as short as yours don't mean you have girl hair, it's just really soft and girly" she said to me.

"My hair is not girly" I said as we walked out the room, "uh yes it is" she laughed, I could feel my checks blush.

"No it does not"

"Yes it does"

"No"

"Yes"

"It does not!"

"It does!"

"What are you two fighting about now?" Steve asked as we walked into the living room "Johnny upset because-" I cut her off by jumping on her. We started to wrestle on the floor, "what the hell?" two bit said.

"I don't know" Steve said everyone came in then Darry and Mini came in but we didn't stop. "You two stop this right now!" Mini said, we stopped sitting in the floor "what were you two fighting about now?" Pony asked.

"She started it" I said very childish "I did not!" she said back, "I don't care who started it, I'm ending it" Darry said. "Ooo someone in trouble" soda said, "I still want know what you two were fighting about" Bella said.

"About how Johnny is embarrassed of his girl hair, he can be so sensitive" she said pushing me, I pushed her back "am not" I said, "are too" she said.

"Are not"

"Are too"

"Are not"

"Are too"

"Are not!"

"Are too!"

"Both of you stop it!" mini yelled "you guys are so childish" Evie said with a chuckle "you guys need to stop fighting" sam added, "and grow up" Jade mumbled "I refuse to grow up, ever" we said in union mumbling.

"Let's just go we're going to be late" Kate said, we got to cars half way there Lilly and I fell asleep next to each other, sleeping on each other.

Pony's pov

It was really cute and funny how they fell asleep with Lilly's head on Johnny's shoulder and his head on top of hers. They look younger then they do when they're awake, they still look like twins even at first when I first met Lilly I thought she was his twin.

"Ponyboy wake up the twins we're here" Jade said, I shook them awake, "come on guys" I said they got up and we started to walk around. When Tim came, most likely for Lilly.