Chapter 41: Flowers

(I can't the video for this song either, sorry. It's on YouTube tho).

Lily's pov

I was running but not from socs, me and ponyboy were walking then we started racing. I was in front and when I looked behind me to see if he was still there when I bumped into someone.

Jack.

I fell on top of him my hair everywhere falling on the sides of my face. I giggled a bit he was smiling. "Hey Lily" his voice squeaked, I couldn't tell if it was from the fall or what. But I laughed.

Ponyboy came around he didn't look happy at the sight of me on top of Jack so I got up. Jack got up as well. "Hey Lil who this?" pony asked putting an arm around me; tightly. "A friend, Jack" I answered "hey man" Jack said putting his out for a hand shake.

Ponyboy didn't shake his hand, I wasn't happy he didn't. "Anyways, Jack this is my boyfriend ponyboy" I said. "Oh umm I gotta go. See ya around Lily... Ponyboy" he walked away his fits in his pockets. It was like he was upset.

"So that Jack guy is he like what?" Ponyboy asked as we started walking. "Like what?" I eyed him cooly "like is he" he sighed "just I don't know".

"I swear if you think I'm gonna cheat on you with him or something well you can forget it" I crossed my arms. How dare he think I would cheat on him. Would I? No! No, maybe-no!

"No!" he said londly "sorry" he added seeing that he kind of yelled in my ear. "Yeah well anyways me and him are just friends and he thinks the same think. I'm sure of it" I told him.

Jack's POV (I think we all saw this coming. If you didn't then...wow!)

I kicked the dirt. Why she got be dating someone else?! Why couldn't I've asked her be my girl first! Why am I yelling at myself, knowing the answer. She just likes me as a friend nothing more, nothing less. I just wish she thought more of me then just a friend.

I sighed. I saw Curly, maybe he could help me. He some what of a friend of Lily's and he dated her before. He gotta know something, he can't not know.

Wait, what? Oh never mind. I walked up to him. I wasn't really sure what I was going to ask him so let's see where this goes. Here goes nothing.

"Hey Curly"

"Oh uh hey Jack"

"Hey I, uh, need ask you something about Lily" I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Lily? Lily Cade?" he asked "uh yeah" I wasn't all that sure on her last name. "Just to be clear your talking about a girl with tan skin, jet black hair, and as an older brother. Dating Ponyboy" he said. I nodded my head.

"Well what ya need to know?" he asked a small grin on his face. "I need know if there any good chance she gonna break up with this Ponyboy guy?" I asked.

"Let's see, she broke up with him about, what? two-three times now. I say they might break up again then get back together. That is if you get to her first if and when that happens" he said.

"So your saying I might have a chance with her?" I really, really hope I would have a good enough chance with her.

"Look I'm gonna say this now" he started "I don't want date her at least not anymore, I have my reasons why that we won't get into. Anyways, I'm not a fan of that Ponyboy dating her, and I think your both better together" he said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"So you think that I'm better with Lily then she is with that other guy" I felt over joyed if I was. "Yep and I'm gonna help you hook up with Lily" he said with an evil smirk.

"So what like a wing man?"

"Sure I got some free time. Why not? I'm gonna be your wing man" he shrugged. "Cool" I smiled to myself "just don't go around telling people" he added, "right got it" we started talking.