Chapter 37: your not dumb and court day

Lilly's pov

It was two-bit, I have only ever seen two bit happy, joyful never thought that he could yell at someone with that much hate and anger.

He ran out of the house he looked as of he was going to cry "two bit" I said in such a low voice I couldn't even hear me i got off the floor showing myself.

"Two bit!" I said much louder so he would hear me he looked at me "Lilly?" he asked I ran to him hugging him I don't know why but I felt like he could use one and I guess he did cause he hugged back "what happen in there?" I asked looking at him but he just looked away like he didn't want be seen.

"Two bit it's okay you can tell me" I said I put my hand on his shoulder but he just pushed in away "you wouldn't get it lil" he said "I wouldn't get it? you just yelled at your dad if I ever did that I would be dead my dad beat me and Johnny for years so if you think I don't get it then you sir are-", "an idiot yeah I been told" he said cutting me off.

"Two bit I would never call you an idiot" I said "but you were thinking it plus I know I am one" he said.

"Two bit what happen in there?" I asked again worried "me and my old man got into a fight saying that I'm never going to be smart enough to move on to the next grade I said he couldn't get a job and he right about me being dumb, lil all these years I been faking it I can barley write my own name I can't even read in a middle school level let alone a high school one, don't you get it Lilly I'm dumb!" he said tears forming in his eyes if his, I never knew he was so broken inside, I don't think anyone did, I don't think anyone could of knew, he hides it so well.

"Two bit I never knew I'm sorry" I said "don't be your smart you got moved up two grades, you sing so great, you got a brother that loves you like crazy-"

"I was beaten since I was 3 by my own parents in till a few months ago, I almost killed myself after my brother got kidnap, I been in the hospital more times then anyone can count, I was kidnap, I cut myself thinking no one loved me, and now I have to go to court to see if the guy that not only kidnap me but beat me and made me think that no one loved me with the help of my dad so I cut myself, and I also have to go to court not only for that but to see if me and Johnny go back with my parents or if they should be let out at all I'm hated by half the people in this town, there so much more then just that but not only to top it all off I'm pregnant and it's not ponyboy child!" I said.

His eyes went wide "your pregnant and it's not pony kid?" he asked "no, that last one was just to make a point but you get the idea" I said "okay I get it your life isn't great too no one as a good life around but the socs" he said with a sigh we started to walk I'm not sure where but we just walked just cause.

"Two bit if you want I could help you, to you know get better in school if you want me to we wouldn't even tell the gang it would be just us two and you can show your dad that you can" I said.

"Really? you would help me?" he asked I laughed "well yeah we'er friends, right?" I said looking at him "you bet we are" he said shaking me by the shoulders I giggled like crazy.

"Okay we start tomorrow" I said "sounds good to me" just then a cop car came right next to us.

"Well hello Lillian" it was Mr. Swanson "hello Joe" I said using his first name "that's Swanson to you" he said "well then it's Cade to you" I sassed him.

"And where did you get a name like Lillian?" I asked "it's your name learn it why don't you" he said "no it's Lilly" I was getting annoyed "not on your birth certificate you just use a shorter virgin of it" he said "well that's something new to me" I said so my full name is Lillian Mac Cade, and to think I hate my middle name but I guess "Lillian" is an okay name just a bit fancy for me.