Chapter 3

Lorenzo

Since it was off season I was at home with my fiancé Ella. Ella was built like a model. Tall and slim. She was a beautiful complexion of mocha, with short jet black hair. Ella worked as a teller at a bank, but quit once we got serious. We were currently looking at baby furniture online.. She was pregnant with my first child. I was hoping for a boy. I wanted a junior. Ella on the other hand wanted a girl.

I met Ella after a game two years ago. To say that we connected from the beginning would be an understatement. I proposed after I found she was pregnant. I wanted to give my child something that I've always had. A mother and father that's married and in love. We currently just moved into a new house. Of course it was a gated community. We had a six bedroom, ten bathroom home. We had a pool and a jacuzzi in the back. Every room was decorated except the nursery. We were waiting until after the gender reveal party to decorate. 

"Babe, have you heard the new song 3 butterflies released, they went in on the past member. I almost feel sorry for the poor girl."

"You know I don't listen to that girly music, or do I care about celebrity gossip. They are regular people and I refuse to be all in their business."

"Even if their business is out in the community for everyone to hear."

"Yes, it aint my business. Now more important topics, did you pack my bag for my flight tonight."

"No babe, I forgot. Do you really have to go? I don't want to be here by myself."

"I already told them that I would participate." I said getting up to pack my bag to pack my bag to leave for Detroit. I had a charity basketball game to participate in. Since I was from Detroit, Eminem reached out to me. I was geeked because I was cold in anything with a ball. Yes, football was my profession but I could do the fool on the basketball court. Among myself, Eminem also got other Detroit natives to participate like Ryan Jones who play for the pistons, Tee Grizzly the rapper from Detroit,and Big Sean another rapper from Detroit. Em also got Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Odell Beckbum, Fabolous, and a few other to play. For the commentary they had Chris Webber, 50 cent, and Ben Wallace. Em was making this a weekend thing though. On Saturday we were going to be playing a football game for charity. Then on Sunday we were playing soccer. And of course there were going to be parties going on this weekend. I was excited about going home. I couldn't wait to see my mom and little sisters.

"Yes, I have to go. I have asked you about 100 times do you want to come. You can be with my sisters and mom".

"Now, you know they dont like me". She said making a face. "I rather stay at home and be comfortable then be alone in your hotel room or uncomfortable at your mom house."

"Ella, they need to get used to you anyway, we are a family. You not going anywhere, and we are getting married. You are my heart. I would never allow them to disrespect you." I said pecking her lips.

"Its okay baby, on the next trip I will go. I'm going to stay here and be with my mom."

"If that's what you want." I finished packing my bag, and then took my shower and got ready for my flight.

Once I landed in Detroit, MI. It felt like home. My mom was waiting on me.

"Didn't I tell you I didn't need you pick me up." I said hugging her.

"It's not everyday I get to see my biggest baby. I missed you. You barely call me anymore." She said hugging me back. My mom was a lawyer at one of the best law firms in Michigan. She was on top of her game and has only lost two cases in her 20 year career. She was a caramel complexion, with sandy brown curly hair, and had a shape like Angela Bassett. She looked good to be fifty years old.