Chapter 26

Lorenzo

I was watching runs on my phone, while eating dinner. I felt my headphones being snatched out my ear causing me to look up.

"Your mother is here, I'm going to pack up the kids and we will be staying at the old house tonight." Riley said to me

"We need to talk before you up and leave. So just go in my room or your room and then we will talk." I told trying to buy some time. She walked away. My mom walked in the the dining room where we was eating .

"Well hello family." She said smiling big.

"Harpo who this woman" Richie said pointing at my mom.

"Boy, we not watching color purple for a long time, Im sick of you quoting the movie. Mama gone be mad you know that her favorite movie." Raven said shaking her head.

"Mama got alot of favorite movies, she will be alright. I broke the dvd by mistake anyway." Ronnie said.

"Ooooooo I'm here for this butt whooping you about to get" Raven said laughing

"Harpo, who this woman" Richie asked again.

"Hello, my name is Ms. Toya I'm Lorenzo mother." My mom said looking at them.

"That would make you our grandma, that's dope since our other grandmother passed away" Richie said with his eyes lit up.

"May God rest her soul" Raven and Ronnie said making a cross on their chest.

"I guess that do make me that, but you can call me Ms. Toya." My mom said making a face.

"Oh why the face Ms. Toya?" Raven said. These damn kids notice everything.

"No reason sweetie." My mom said

"My name is Raven, you can call me Ms. Raven" Raven said holding out her hand for my mom to shake. My mom just looked at her hand, and walked to Layla and Lily giving them hugs.

"That's why I cant stand old people, come on Raven let go. Mama can deal with her old behind. Mean for no reason. Don't make any sense to be that dang on rude." Ronnie said grabbing raven hand.

"Excuse little boy." My mama said to Ronnie.

Richie looked at her and shook his head. "Because I was taught to respect my elders, I'm going to just tell you to have a blessed day. Good night. "

I gave Layla a look to go get the kids before they make it to Riley because Riley is going to be trying to fight again and I can't have that. Layla read my mind and took off after them, with Lily following her.

"You don't have anything to say to your mother?" My mom asked.

"Why would you behave that way towards children, MY children at that, your grandchildren."

She waved her hand at me. "I'm not trying to hear all that."

"Mama I love you to death, but you will not treat my kids like shit and think shit cool. If that's the energy you will have, you can leave." I told her pointing to the door.

She looked appalled, "So you picking three bastards over your mother, boy I raised you to be the man you are today. I am the reason you are sitting here, all the sacrifices I made. I was in labor for 28 hours with you. And you sitting here in my face telling me fuck me" Now she was crying. I can't lie and say it didn't hurt to see my mother cry, but these are my kids we talking about.

I tried to give her a hug, and she pushed me away from her.

"Naw nigga, I don't want any of your hugs." Wiping her tears.