Chapter 12

Lorenzo

When she hung up the phone, I knew this was going to be harder than I thought. Riley was always stubborn, and when you pissed her off she would turn into satan spawn. At this moment I felt like I was going to be dealing with satan spawn tomorrow.

When I called my mom to vent to her, my intentions were never for her to pop up on Riley. I am almost certain that my mom started this. I have so much going on at the moment. I got word that the team wanted to trade me, my fiance miscarried while I was away at the BET Awards. The doctor doesn't know what happened or could explain to me why this happened. I just felt lost. I have been trying to be strong for Ella, but she is only pushing me away. She blames me because I wasn't there. She even packed up all her things while I was grocery shopping yesterday and moved out the house. She left a damn dear john letter for me. Saying that we needed a break. I called my mom and filled her in on everything that was happening with Ella and Riley. She takes it personal and hop her ass on a flight to threaten Riley. Now I am pissed because from the phone conversation I already knew what tip Riley ass was on. I called my mom.

"Hello baby, how you doing?"

"What happened mom? What happened to letting me handle it?"

"You are in no condition to handle that snake ass woman. So until you can mama got you."

"No, I have it handled. Do not call, pop up, text, or email Riley. I will be handling it from now on. I just want to get to know my kids."

"IF they are yours. We will be getting a DNA test ran on those kids."

"One of them look just like me. Like he could be my twin."

"Looks can be deceiving Lo, but biology isn't going to steer us wrong."

"Goodbye ma, because I can't deal with you right now I have too much on my plate. Love you." Then I hung up the phone.

I called Ella and as usual she sent me to voicemail. So I texted her goodnight and that I love her. She left me on read. I just got in the bed and tried to go to sleep. I tossed and turned all night.

I had touched down in Atlanta around noonish. It was now 5:00pm and Riley was supposed to show up 30 minutes ago. I was starting to think that she wasn't going to show up. Pouring myself a much needed drink. There was a knock on the door. I opened the door and Riley pushed herself through the door. I see how this is going to go already. She sat down on the couch, and pulled a folder out her purse, took her glasses off her face, and got up a poured herself a drink. She downed it then poured another and sat back on the couch.

"Talk" She said then sipped her drink.

"You rude as fuck, and I'm not in the mood to deal with your hostile ass today. So lets communicate like adults or we can really allow our lawyers to do the talking" I told her highly irritated. She downed her drink. Grabbed her purse and walked to the door. "Fine by me, David will be in touch"

"Sit the fuck down" I slightly yelled. She turned around looked me in the eyes and calming asked "Who the fuck you talking to like that"

"You, why do you have to make every fucking thing a battle?"

"Muthafucka you started this war, now I'm in fight mode, what the fuck do you want from me. "

"I want to have a fucking conversation with a grown ass woman, not a little kid. Are you six too or" She looked at me, poured herself another drink, and sat down like I told her too.

"Talk" She said once again. At this point I knew that was the best I was going to get.

"Why?"

"Why what"