Chapter 38

Riley

I was laying in bed staring in space. Just thinking about where my life has come to. With everything going on I haven't even thought about my job and where I stood with everything. Its safe to say that I needed to call my manager and speak with him. I haven't talked to my assistant either. Mainly because my work phone was taken away from when I was kidnapped and Lorenzo had took my other phone. When I got my new phone I hadn't contacted anyone but Ryan and Victoria. Now the only people who knew my number was Ryan, Victoria, Lorenzo and Tone. With Terrell betraying me, it really had me looking at everybody sideways. I thought I was a good judge of character. My phone rung bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Hello"

"Hey girl, where you at? I miss you."

"Girl just laying down. What you doing?"

"Me too, I asked where you was at, not what you doing" She laughed

"At the house. Where you at?"

"I'm out of town, I have some fashion business I needed to take care of. I just wanted to check up on you. To see how you was doing."

"I'm still adjusting to everything. But I'm okay"

"Have you seen Lorenzo since you got the kids."

"Girl yeah why?"

"He said he had been trying to get in contact with your brother and he hasn't been answering."

"Because Ryan don't like his ass."

She laughed. "Mannnn your brother so fine. Why won't he just give me a chance." She said whining.

I laughed. "I don't know, maybe because he have a girlfriend."

"We need more Ryans in the world."

"Girl. Enough about me. How is Derrick?"

"He good. He posed to fly out here tonight. He haven't been answering his phone. I would of pulled up on his ass if I was in town. But imma just chill"

"You forever pulling up on somebody. One of these days somebody gone beat your ass."

"It aint happened yet. It aint happening no time soon. Ya feel me."

"Mama what you doing?" Raven asked marching in my room and getting on the bed.

"Let me call you back Vic."

"Okay bye yall."

"What you wanna do today Ray?" I asked her after I put the phone down.

"Let go to the beach. Is daddy coming today."

"No, but uncle Tone will be here today." I told her. Her face lit up. Another person this girl got wrapped around her finger.

"Yes, I'm going to have him take me shopping." She said rubbing her hands together.

"You just went shopping yesterday."

"My mama once told me, you could never have too many clothes or shoes." She said shruggin her shoulders. I couldnt do nothing but laugh at this child. She gone have us broke with this mentally.

"Mama sing me a song"

"What you wanna hear?"

"Sing that love song mama."

"Which one" I asked laughing

"The love song by that music child mama"

"Love
So many things I've got to tell you
But I'm afraid I don't know how
'Cause there's a possibility
That you'll look at me differently
Love
Ever since the first moment I spoke your name
From then on I knew that by you being in my life
Things were destined to change 'cause..."

"You sing good mama." She said laughing "But yoooo breath stank mama, say hi to live mama"

I looked at her and she had the phone facing me. "Yo breath stank.  You gone sing these ppl a song Ray" I said taking the phone from her

"Ummmmmm. I love you, you love me. We're a happpppppppy family" She busted out laughing, "You heard me hit that note mama. Imma make the shaderoom, but it's no shade over here" She busted out laughing again. "You get it, you get it mama"

"You so corny. Tell everybody bye." I said laughing with her.

"Byyyyyeeeee" She said waving then she blew kisses. I ended the live. Let's go get your brothers so that we can go to the beach.

We went to get the boys and they were playing the game with Tone and Ryan. Layla and Lily was sitting down watching them.

"Ryannnnn" I screamed and ran to him. He caught me. I hugged him so tight.

"I missed you so much." I was now crying.

"Stop crying twin, you know I got you forever." Then here come Raven hating self. She started hitting his leg.

"Umm excuse me. She the only one you see. You just gone ignore the princess?"

Ryan put me down, and picked her up. "Of course not. Its only one princess."

"I can't stand yall." I said smacking my lips. Ronnie came over and hugged me.

"I got you mama forever and a day." Richie and Raven smacked their lips.

"Boy you always kissing butt."

"YoU KNow I goT YoU FORever and A DaY" Richie said copying him. Raven started laughing.

"Right, she don't even like you."

"She love me duh.! Just mad because I'm the favorite."

"You thought" Raven and Richie said at the same time.

"Uncle Ryan can we go shopping?" Raven asked him putting on her baby face.

"Yeah go get dressed." He put her down and she took off.

"I'm going to" Richie, Ronnie, Lily, and Layla said at the same time. They all went to go get dressed.

They came back in twenty minutes all dressed. "Come on Uncle Ryan. Im ready to spend all of your money."

"Yooo between you and your mama imma be broke." He said laughing. "We'll be back in two hours tops." They left and that left just Tone and I.

"We gotta talk Riley." Tone said. We all sat down on the couch. Tone broke down everything that has happened these last couple of days. He showed me recordings and pictures. I was shocked. I knew Ms. Toya didn't like me but damn. Fuck I do to this woman to make her want to kill my baby and her own kids.

"When was the last time you spoke to Vic?"

"Today"

"Well I think you should leave her alone."

"Why? That's my best friend." He pulled out a phone and played the recording. 

"Damn, that fucked up. They got a baby. I never knew she was pregnant. Can't be talking about Vic. She wouldn't do me like that. Naw I don't believe that. Yall really think that? Like yall really think Ms. Toya would kill her own kids."

"We just looked and listened to the evidence."

"Sooo nobody think this shit is ridiculous. Like what is Ms. Toya motive?"

"Well you can be in denial all you want. My job is to keep you and the kids safe from any and all threats. Vic and Ms. Toya is a threat and will be treated as one."

"This tooo mucccchhhh. I need a fucking drink."

I knew at this moment. I could only rely on my brother and myself to protect my family because if it comes between me and Lorenzo mom. He is going to pick his mom. I need to make sure my kids are safe at all times. I don't think that he would save the kids over his mom. I mean this lady birthed him. He hasn't even been in the kids life for a year.  I just don't think that if he have to choose between the kids and his mom that he would choose the kids. But then again I could be wrong. But I'm not taking any chances. I'm prepared to slice that bitch throat for coming after mine. I'm not "gangsta" at all, but I'm a mother first.