Chapter 4: I Challenge You

Above: Dove Cameron who plays Lia James in this story. (I personally didn't really like her as Lia James, because her character is sort of based off of me, like personality and facial features, and I think she is too pretty to play Lia. But if you like her, it's fine. If you don't, just imagine her as someone else.)

________________________________

Lia James

My eyes open slowly, trying to adjust to the sunlight coming from the shades I forgot to close last night. Oh well.

Today was Monday. The last day of freedom before I have to go to my first day of school. Everyone already had their first week of school, which makes me slightly relieved, since everyone will know who's in each other's classes and won't be as clueless as I am.

I get my schedule tomorrow from the principal, and I have to talk to the softball coach after school to discuss my placement on the team this year.

I shake my head trying my hardest to not worry until the last minute.

I turn my head towards the door and see four faces staring at me, most likely watching me while I slept. I scream, pulling my pillow to my face.

"Oh my God, Lia, what the hell? My ears are now fried." Ollie said, covering his ears in agony.

"You made it seem like we just murdered you." Jace sighed, running his hands through his hair.

"You still haven't answered my question from Saturday. Do you have any hot siblings that I can sleep with?" Cole raised his eyebrows repeatedly, and I made a face.

"No, Cole. Unless you want to date my 20 year old brother?" I suggested, and he winced.

"Sup, Lia." Ryan snapped his fingers, and then pointed them at me.

"What are you guys doing here? You're interrupting my sleep." I moaned, sitting up with my back on the headboard.

"Technically you woke up before you noticed we were here, so." Ollie pointed out and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No one likes a smart-ass, Oliver." Cole crossed his arms. Ollie punched him in the arm from Cole calling him Oliver. I've come to terms he not only dislikes his name, he hates it and will beat you up if you call him that.

"You still haven't answered my question, yet." I reminded them.

"Okay, Miss Sassy, we are here because Mason let us into the house. It was Cole's idea to come up into the bedroom and wake you up." Jace pointed to Cole, and he gave him the 'why did you rat me out' look.

"Hey! I'm not that much of a perv."

"It's Labor Day. We have a tradition that whenever we have a long weekend or a vacation, the gang spends a whole day together." Ryan tells me.

"Now, get out of bed. Breakfast awaits, my queen." Ollie bows and then races out of my bedroom to get some for himself. Soon enough, all of them run down the stairs to get breakfast. I hear all of them bickering about who gets the last bacon slice.

I quickly get dressed into high waisted light wash jeans, a baseball 3/4 sleeve tee, with red sleeves, and white vans. I put on my classic baseball cap on, along with a little mascara on my eyelashes. I usually don't go all out on my makeup, sometimes I don't even wear makeup.