Chapter 61: You Can Either Peel The Mango Or Do The Tango

Disclaimer: This chapter has absolutely no meaning to the plot of the story, I just thought this was such a cute way to develop Andrew and Lia's relationship. The only relevant part of this chapter is the ending.

Onward!

Lia James

Well. The day is finally here.

Andrew and I are officially a couple.

Key word: officially.

To be completely honest, I wasn't quite sure if this day would ever come. We were—are stubborn with our feelings, and making us official would mean that we would have to face them, which was something we weren't sure we wanted to do.

Facing our true feelings is hard. Recognition is hard. Life is hard.

We go through the motions, but yet we come out of the darkness and into the light, and that's quite difficult for someone who's seen quite a bit of darkness. The rope to pull yourself back is sometimes not tied tight enough, and then you find yourself falling back in.

But you know that soon enough, with time, you'll eventually crawl back into light and you'll end up somewhere you're meant to be.

This is one of those situations.

Every decision that I've made has led me up to this very moment. This very point in time, and it felt like I was meant to be here. My decisions were keeping me on track to my destiny. As cliche as that sounds, I know it to be true.

This very moment just happens to be me and Andrew, sitting in his hot tub after a long day at school. He had invited me over because his parents were going on a quick trip to Beverly Hills for some meetings. Nick had detention after school for God knows what, and then he said he was meeting some of his friends at the beach.

Before we had gotten into the hot tub, Andrew had made me some dinner. He decided to make some homemade pan pizzas, and I decided to help him when he got flour all over the counter.

Now, it was about 8pm, and I was in Celinas old bathing suits that she had no longer worn. It was a bit revealing, and I felt a tad uncomfortable in it. It was a lavender bikini with a triangle shaped top, that barely covered my boobs, and a cheeky bottom.

Andrew, of course, didn't mind one bit that I was wearing it. He loved it, as expected.

Andrew just put on some of his swimming trunks, which were a dark gray, and that was that. He didn't need to feel insecure about his body or the way he was built. He was perfect, and I seemed to be far from it.

The chiseled planes of his chest were perfectly sculpted and everything a girl could dream of. I certainly have, and now that dream is sitting in front of me.

My dream is mine.

His hair was smoothed over to one side, and it was damp from the time just a few moments ago where he dunked his head underwater. He said the top half of his body was cold and he wanted to keep it even.

He was beautiful. Out of this world. Something I could never picture myself having in a million years.

I thought for sure either I would end up alone, or with some alcoholic trucker guy who only cared about gambling and eating. However, I'm glad I have a guy who is just right for me.

He's everything I had ever wanted in a guy. He's got demons, as do I, but he learns to fight them with every ounce of strength he's got. And that's the kind of man I want in my life. Someone I could share these feelings with, someone who understands. I can learn from him and become a better person from him. We can become better for each other and fight our demons together.