Chapter 83: Fairytale Wedding

Lia James

"Jade Michelle Stewart, do you take Jace Michael Rivera to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor him, and be faithful to him, in sickness and in health, until death should you part?" The minister spoke eloquently, looking at the bride to be.

Jace and Jade both held hands and looked lovingly at one another, while I was a mess in the front row. Lina and I took tissues from her purse and passed them to each other, dabbing our eyes so that make-up wouldn't stain our cheeks.

We've worked too hard on it to mess it up now.

But...just the way they were looking at each other, was a clear enough indication of how much they truly loved each other. Sure, they were both eighteen, but you can't put an age limit on love, like you can with voting. If you truly love someone, why wait to spend the rest of your life with them?

We all know life can throw things your way. But we were meant to fight those things with the ones we love.

"I do." Jade replied to the minister.

Just those two words spoke volumes.

"Do you, Jace Michael Rivera, take Jade Michelle Stewart to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor her, and be faithful to her, in sickness and in health, until death should you part?"

I turned to Andrew, who watched the ceremony intensely. His eyes couldn't be peeled, even if I waved a hand in front of him.

"This is going to be us one day." I whispered in his ear.

It seemed to have broken the spell because he fidgeted, and tensed up. A breath was expelled from his mouth, as he didn't break eye contact with what was happening in front of us.

I frowned when he didn't react. I know he's told me multiple times he's not interested in tying the knot, with not only me, but anyone, in the future. But it just sucks. Knowing that the one you love doesn't want to be committed to you.

I had a sliver of hope in me that maybe he would change his mind, make an exception for me.

But of course...he didn't. I should have expected it.

It's ironic, isn't it? I managed to break down Andrew Price's bad-boy exterior, which was something no one else could do. Yet, I can't seem to break down this one.

I know love should be about sacrificing things, but this is really important to me.

No. No.

We've worked too hard on this relationship and our love for each other to start questioning it. We've been through hell and back together, and we've overcome all of it, which is something normal couples usually can't handle.

We're extraordinary, and I plan on holding tight.

"Well, by the power vested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife." The minister turns to Jace. "You may kiss your bride."

The two united in a soul-sucking kiss as we all stood up from our chairs and clapped for the lovely couple.

Wow. Jace and Jade are truly married. To be honest, I thought Cole would be the first one to get married. He's always looking to be spontaneous, and I swear his brain is ten times smaller than the rest of us.

But regardless of my predictions, I'm happy for the two of them. Jace's military duty awaits him soon and Jade is off to college. They have two totally separate lives, but they still seem happier than ever.