Chapter 11: Playing The Game

"Eli? What the hell are you doing here?" I yelled in a whisper. I cupped my hands so that he could hear me from all the way down there.

"Just come down here. I'll explain everything later." Was all he said.

"What? You want me to go somewhere with you?" I asked, throwing my arms up in exaggeration.

"Why not? Just live a little."

"I should be sleeping right now." I argued and he rolled his eyes.

"Just get down here. I promise I'll bring you back so that you can go to sleep." He grinned. "And stop being a baby while you're at it."

I stuck my tongue out at him, which caused him to chuckle lightly. I tried contemplating about ways of getting out without getting caught.

"I can't go out the front door, because it makes an alarm sound whenever people leave."

"What about the garage?" He asked.

"It's too loud. I'm guaranteed dead."

"Back door?" He asked again.

"I could do that. The sliding door doesn't have an alarm on it. I could climb through the fence. There's no gate because it's all woods in the back."

"Okay, I'll wait for you behind the garage." He gave me a salute before walking to the left.

I slid my window down, closing my curtain in the process. I looked down at my clothes.

Aw man.

I was wearing black running shorts and a mint green T-shirt. It was definitely not something I could wear out, but I didn't have time. I had to high-tail it out of there before the twins caught me or worse Aunt Alex.

I quickly put my hair up in a messy bun, and threw my black Nike sneakers on with a pair of white short socks to go on underneath. I gave myself a thumbs up before racing out the door, well more like tiptoeing.

The sliding door was extra squeaky to my luck. So, it took me about a thousand years to open it up with out being caught red-handed. Mason would definitely be pissed off at me. Lina, I have a feeling she would understand, but in a weird and perverted way. Alex would just ground me.

"Lia! Lia! Over here!" I scanned the backyard for Eli's voice, and noticed a pair of hands waving on the right side.

"Okay, this fence is too tall for me to climb over. I might have to use something to help me." I looked for possibilities.

"Well, hurry up!" He whispered, and I shushed him so that he would shut up. I didn't entirely agree to this, and I didn't want to get my clothes all dirty.

I used a patio chair, which I had to drag all the way across the yard without making a single sound. I climbed on top of it, feeling unsteady as it wobbled from left to right. I put my hands on the top part of the fence, and pushed off swinging one leg in front, then the next.

Being the clumsy person I am, my hands slipped off the fence, and I fell. But I didn't touch the ground. My body smacked against Eli's as he attempted to catch me, but ultimately resulted in us being on the ground. I accidentally squealed a little bit, and Eli covered my mouth. He was in the middle of a silent laugh, and I snorted from he way he was making fun of me.

"God, Lia, how much do you weigh?" He asked.

"Apparently a lot, considering you didn't have to decency to prevent me from falling on my ass." I retorted and climbed off his chest.