Chapter 69: City Of Angels

Well, in a few minutes, Andrew is going to be picking me up and we're about to do something a bit insane. I'm not quite sure what to feel for him or for me, but I know once we get through this, Andrew will be better.

He has to be.

I dropped my travel bag by the front door, and peeked through the glass on the side. No sign of him yet. I decided to head to the kitchen for a quick snack.

Aunt Alex, with a spatula in hand, was cooking some pancakes. I went over to the island counter, sitting on one of the stools. My mouth watered at the sight of stacked pancakes sitting there on the counter.

Mason and Lina both came in at the same time arguing about something random. Lina pushed him, and then Mason gave her a light nudge back. They both laughed it off, as they sat on both sides of me.

"You're not eating Lia?" Aunt Alex asked as she placed a pancake on a plate.

"I'm probably just gonna grab like a small snack or something. Andrew told me that him and I are gonna grab something on the way there."

"You're so lucky, Lia." Lina sighed. "Spending the weekend in Malibu sounds like so much fun. I wish I could come."

Yeah, I had to tell them a lie. I couldn't tell them the secret about Andrew because, quite frankly, it wasn't my secret to tell. Besides, they wouldn't understand anyway.

So, I told him that Andrew and I are renting an AirBnB close to the beach in Malibu for the weekend because he wanted to celebrate the softball state championship with me.

"You could still come." I told her, wanting my lie to be believable.

She shook her head. "I'd rather not third wheel."

"She just means that she doesn't want to walk into you guys doing the nasty." Mason whispers in my ear, and I wiggle away from him.

"It's not like that." I rolled my eyes. "I'm waiting. We're waiting."

"So, what are you supposed to do the whole weekend?" Lina asked, with a quizzical look.

"Ummm....talk? And hang out? Like a normal couple?" I wave my hands in front of me. Lina snorts at my sarcastic comment.

"Bor-ring." She sang. "Besides, you guys are going to be all alone on the beach and in the house. Something is bound to happen, whether you want to wait or not."

I shake my head, releasing a breathy laugh. She is so not right.

Nothing is bound to happen because if she knew what we were really doing, she wouldn't be saying these things.

I shake my head, getting up from my seat. I walk over to the front door, clutching my overnight bag. Through the window, I noticed Andrew's Audi parked in the driveway, ready for me to get in and drive to Los Angeles.

The city of angels.

A part of me feared to even think about what could happen between us. What if Andrew is too heartbroken and decides to run away again because of what Bellamy's mother says to him? What if he decides to break up with me? What if he leaves me?

I can't help but be nervous for what's to come.

"Bye!" I waved to my best friends and Aunt. When they waved back with smiles, I opened the front door.

It's now or never.

***

About halfway into our drive, I decided to take a nap. I closed my eyes, and leaned my head back, crossing my forearms for warmth.