Chapter 63: First Official Date

"Warriors! Warriors! Warriors!"

The whole student body was chanting outside of the school as everyone came into the main entrance. Our student section was rowdy enough at football games, I can't imagine how they'll be for a championship game.

All softball players had agreed to wear their jerseys to school today to not only promote the big game, but to spread school cheer. I've never really been a rowdy person, but ever since I joined this team and came to this school I've been more cheerful. School spirit weeks are my favorite weeks.

All of this commotion, however, was disturbed by teachers shooing them to get back inside and go to first period. They all booed, but listened and turned back into school. The grounds grew quieter since then.

I found Lina at a table outside of the cafeteria. There was a huge poster behind her that read: CHAMPIONSHIP SOFTBALL GAME! SHOW YOUR SCHOOL SPIRIT AND BUY ONE TODAY!

"Selling tickets?" I asked her, and she nodded cheerfully.

"Lia, everyone and their mother is going to be there on Sunday. Look at the line of students waiting to buy tickets?" She gestured to the line of students going all the way down the hallway.

"Wow. I didn't even notice that." My eyes widened. "I didn't really think anyone would care about this game. Everyone here is all about football and nothing else."

"Well, you thought wrong." She said. "Besides, the football team hasn't won a championship game in ten years. They got far this year, but not as far as you guys."

"What about you? Are you going on Sunday?"

"Lia, dear sweet Lia, of course I am." She places her hands on my shoulders. Her acrylics dig into my skin like claws. "Cole and I are arranging for secret student gatherings with the team before the game. You guys need to let lose and get relaxed. You guys look so stressed."

"Well, I guess we haven't won a championship game in ten years either. It's a big deal for us."

"Of course it is. And it is to me too. You're friends and your Dad will be there to cheer you on. It's gonna be a good weekend." She paused. "Is boyfriend gonna be there?"

I rolled my eyes.

Although the way she said boyfriend made my heart flutter a bit.

"Yes, he is." I said confidently. "Eli, Nick, and Mr. and Mrs. Price are coming as well."

"Good. Maybe after the game, if you win, we can all party. Or do you want your sexy time with Andrew?"

"Sexy time? No." I shuddered. "Also, don't call it 'sexy time'. It's creepy and weird."

"Whatever." She turns to the table. "Well, I should get going and sell more tickets."

"Alright. I'll see you later." I waved at her before I made my departure to my locker.

People were constantly passing me in the hallway saying 'good luck' or 'can't wait to see the game' which was nice. I've never seen or talked to these people before, but people being nice to you sometimes you can't help but smile.

I set my bag down and start putting some supplies in my locker. My eyes get drawn to the pictures that's on the door of my locker. In the midst of pictures of my Mom and I, Mason and Lina, and the rest of the gang, was a picture I finally managed to hang up a couple days ago.

It was a picture of Andrew and I at the Business Gala. After we ate dinner and people continued to dance, Andrew took my phone from the table and took a picture of us. He held the phone up high, while my hands rested on his shoulders. I was behind him, and he was in front of me crossing his eyes and sticking his tongue out.