Chapter 56: Come With Me

Andrew Price

With the sound of a car door closing, Nick and I exited out of our Audi. I would've taken out my motorcycle, but I didn't want some asshole scratching the paint. And also my Mom told me that she didn't want me or my little brother getting hurt.

Whatever.

Nick walked to the front door of Cole Russell's house. I followed behind him, slowly, still in disbelief that I would actually manage to make it this far without being shot.

Man, I really have to start bringing my gun more often. Especially if I'm going to continue going into my rival gang members' residences.

I shove my hands into the pockets of my jeans, and I eyed Nick who seemed to have a pep in his step. I was a bit concerned. What was getting him all happy?

"Yo, Nikolina. Stop doing that." I nudged his chest with my elbow. He frowned, putting a hand over the spot that I hurt him at.

"I can't help it. Lia's in there, it's getting me all excited." He grins, almost deviously. "I feel like I'm living in a teen romance novel."

"Don't get your panties in a twist, Nick. I'm not talking to her." I roll my eyes.

"So, what are you doing here? Why even stay? Are you just gonna watch her from afar."

"That's exactly what I'm going to do." I patted his back.

He's finally getting me. Yay.

"But...why? I don't get you at all. You like her? Then go get her."

"It's not that easy, Nick." I sigh, he never understands. "If I just observe and not talk to her, then I can't hurt her anymore than I've already have before."

"Whatever you say, big bro. I know you're wrong, and I know I'm right. Let's just go." He opened up the door, and walked inside.

People swarmed every square inch of the house. Red solo cups were everywhere, in people's hands, on the ground. Some were even in heaps by the trashcans. The couch had weird stains and wet spots on it.

It smelled like alcohol and B.O.

It was also a million degrees in this place, and I felt tempted to take my leather jacket off. But I know that if I did, I would have to fight someone for it. Everyone's dead-drunk around here, and they'll probably mistaken it for their jacket or whatever.

I felt many feminine eyes on me, most likely checking me out, but I didn't care. I wanted another pair of eyes on me. Blue ones.

Speaking of Lia, where is she? I still have yet to see her. I thought for sure as soon as I walked through the door I would spot her.

But she's no where to be found.

"Hey Andrew." A tall girl with pin straight brunette hair walked up to me.

She was most definitely model material. Tall, skinny, long legs, she's got it all.

But that's not what I want.

Don't get me wrong, this girl is pretty. But...Lia is beautiful. She's intriguing, like a purple, delicate flower in a field of weeds.

Like an angel without any wings.

Like the biggest snowflake in a blizzard.

She was different. And I guess that means all the other girls seem uninteresting.

"Uh...hi." I spoke, in a very disinterested tone. I was preoccupied, trying to find the girl who's been the main part of my thoughts lately. The girl who I didn't think could consume every single inch of me.