Chapter 50: A Strain In The Relationship

Andrew Price

"What the hell happened?" My mother barges in as Lia storms out. I could hear the front door slam not long after.

"Andrew Price: The school's bad boy and most known for his screw ups with the ladies." I put my hands out, like the words were right in front of me and I was showcasing them to the world.

"What are you talking about?" My Mom shook her head like I was insane. Well, I am insane so her judging is correct.

"Lia storms out of my room, pounding her feet against our floors, and then slams the front door shut. Why are you so bad at reading between the lines?" I slump down onto my bed, laying down and rubbing my eyes.

"Okay, so she's mad at you. I get that. But about what, sweetheart." She walks over to me, sitting down. "You can tell me anything."

"She wanted me to tell her something that I wasn't ready to talk about yet." I shrugged, and my mother instantly knew what the situation was about.

"It's about...her, isn't it?" She then sighs, grabbing my shoulders and pulling me into a tight hug.

"Mom, she doesn't get it. I don't think she ever will, and me telling her everything won't do any good to me. It will just bring up something that put me into a dark place, and all those emotions will come rushing back."

"I completely understand, Andrew. However, think about the good things that could come to her knowing. She could be there to console you, and she could help you move on."

"How could you possibly know that someone else could help me? I've been doing all the healing myself, and it's been fine." I pull away slightly, but she just brings me right back in.

"Maybe that's why. You've been dealing with this alone that it's making it harder on yourself to move on. That's why you need Lia for a complete recovery. She can help you."

"Mom, you have to understand that I can't tell her. I just can't." I felt a tear slip out of my eye. Hopefully one of the only ones that manages to escape.

Crying is for the weak and I'm not weak.

"You have to, Andrew. You can't keep leaving her in the dark or else you will lose her forever." She rubs the top of my head, playing with the curls of my hair. "You two have something special. Something that I think will last for a very long time. Don't give that up because you're afraid to tell her, of what her reaction will be."

"But...Mom?"

"What, darling?"

"How am I supposed to tell that girl that I like that I'm in love with somebody else?"

***

Lia James

"See? Doesn't Damon Salvatore just make you feel better about yourself?" Lina gestured to the TV as my favorite character appeared on the screen.

I sniffled a little bit, the remanence of tears still lingering on my skin. "He always does."

"Who's Damon again?" Mason stared at the TV, absolutely dumbfounded. He wanted to stay with me to make sure I was okay, and Lina put on Vampire Diaries.

I could tell he was struggling to watch this show. But he didn't want to leave my side.

"He's the super duper hot bad boy vampire. I wish I could just jump into the TV and make out with him already!" Lina gushes, gawking at the TV as soon as Damon takes his shirt off.