Chapter 71: Dahlia.

Bellamy's footsteps were heard as she descended down the stairs. Mrs. Greene was washing vegetables in the sink while her husband was reading the newspaper, flipping through pages.

"Bellamy! Dinner's ready, sweetheart."

Bellamy didn't respond. She walked to the kitchen, her face pale, and her eyes red and swollen. She sniffled, approaching her parents with what looked like a broken look.

"Sweetheart, what's the matter?" Mrs. Greene asked when she noticed her daughter's state. She put down everything that she was holding, and approached her cautiously.

"Bella, are you okay?" Her father asked worrisomely.

"N-No. I'm not okay." Bellamy began to sob. Her cries echoed throughout the quaint townhouse.

"Why? What happened? Was it something at school?" Mrs. Greene interrogated.

However, her questions seemed to be doing more harm than good.

"Was it that wretched boy, Andrew?" Mr. Greene added, and Bellamy seemed to cry more.

"What did that boy do to you?" Her mother searched her face, looking for some sort of answer.

"I'm pregnant." Bellamy blurted out, handing the blue test to her parents. There were two very apparent lines.

Bellamy's mother and father exchanged looks of confusion, worry, and sadness. They couldn't possibly imagine what there daughter seemed to be going through, now that she found out about conceiving a child.

"I'm gonna kill him." Mr. Greene spoke softly, referring to Bellamy's boyfriend, Andrew.

"No, Dad. It's not his fault."

"He did this to you, Bellamy. How is this not his fault?"

"Because, Dad, it takes two, okay? Both of us weren't protected and I'm sorry." Bellamy looked at the ground with shame.

"What happened?" Mrs. Greene asked aimlessly. She didn't want to know the details, but she just didn't quite know what to say.

Bellamy let out a soft laugh. "I'm pretty sure you don't want to know about my sex life."

"No. I absolutely do not." Mr. Greene replied instantly.

Bellamy looked at both of her parents. She had a scared feeling, in the pit of her stomach and so many questions in the back of her mind, but she knew deep down this baby will be loved.

She was so in love with her boyfriend, and she was positive he felt the same way too. This baby will be cherished and spoiled until the day he/she dies.

"Mom...Dad...What do I do now?"

Her mother and father looked at each other. Her mother was the first to respond. "Well, for starters, we should call the doctor and schedule you an appointment so that you and the baby are healthy. After that, you should tell Andrew."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, he deserves to know. He's the father after all."

"She was a sixteen year old girl with a good head on her shoulders, and a future ahead of her." Mrs. Greene looked at Andrew and I. Andrew was still staring at the sonogram, like it was his life.

"So, when we went to her appointment to find out if the baby was healthy, she looked at the screen with a smile. Bellamy was so happy, despite being such a young mom. It was like a new light in her life that she so desperately needed."