Chapter 68: Can You Get Me A Pregnancy Test?

Lia James

I thrusted my fist toward his jaw, and without hesitation he deflected it. I spin around in annoyance, groaning at my lack of ability to throw a punch.

I hear my boyfriend laugh behind me, and I was about five seconds away from throwing my shoes at his face. Which, now that I'm thinking about that now, he'll probably catch those too.

What's the matter with me? How am I supposed to protect myself if I flinch at the slightest thing coming at my face?

I throw my head back, closing my eyes shut, and walk in a circle. I could feel Andrew's eyes analyzing me, like he knows I'm pissed off.

I'm just so frustrated at myself. I want to learn how to fight, but how can I if I'm practically untrainable.

"Don't stress out, babe." Andrew said to me. "Progress comes with hard work and practice. We just need time."

"We don't have time." I mumbled. "There's somebody out there wanting to either abduct me or kill me! How much time do you think I have before that happens?"

He bit his lip, taking in everything I had said. He stood there, with no shirt on, with his hands on his hips thinking.

We had spent the whole day in Andrew's headquarters practicing how to throw a punch, and how to analyze your opponent's move. So far, I wasn't picking up on anything my boyfriend was teaching me.

I could tell he was getting tired, but he remained patient because not everyone picks up on skills as quickly as he does.

"Lia, come on." He approaches me with a warm smile. "We'll take all the time we need. But in the mean time, you have Mason and his gang, and me and mine."

"Yeah, except you guys can barely even hold a civil conversation." I rolled my eyes. Their rivalry for each other is childish at this point.

"What? We—" He runs his hands through his hair, sighing heavily. "Okay maybe you're right."

I wave my hands and make a 'duh' face. He shakes his head before coming closer.

"Lia, you have me, Eli, Nick, Julian, Liam, Mason, Lina, Ryan, Ollie, Jace, and Cole. If that's not enough people to try and protect you than I don't know what else to do."

"First of all Liam? Who the hell is Liam? Second, Julian hasn't been seen for months, why would he come back just to protect me? Do you have contact with him?"

He expression hardened. "Liam's my best friend back at Harrison Prep in LA. He used to go to Eastwood but then he got expelled for starting a fire in the biology room. He's still around, but he's just in another town at the moment."

He went on.

"Julian? Yeah, I still have contact with him. But, I haven't talked to him in months. I don't know where he is or what he's doing. He could be in trouble for all I know, but he hasn't been answering any calls or texts from Eli, Nick, and I."

"When's the last time you saw him?" I asked curiously.

"When I left, the night of my 18th birthday." He sighed, looking down at the cement floor. "You know, when we got into that big fight and I left."

"I remember." I said with a cold tone. I regretted my tone immediately after.

"When I came back, I expected him to as well. Guess I was wrong."

"Do you think he might actually be in trouble?" I asked with concern. He flashed me a look of worry, like he doesn't have a single thought as to where Julian could be.