Chapter 33: An Unexpected Occurence

Above: Ansel Elgort as Ian Rivers. Let me know what you think. Do you picture Ansel as Ian? I didn't want to put a face to him since he's a secondary character and won't be around as much as the others, but I decided against that.

Here's chapter 33. Enjoy!

________________________________

Lia James

I got up from the pool with help from Eli and Nick. I was soaking wet, and my hair was matted to my face strand by strand. I looked awful, to say the least, but I didn't care. I had fun.

But not when I was almost about to kiss Andrew. What was I thinking? I can't complicate things. That will only dig me even deeper in the hole I've already dug for myself.

But, nevertheless, the moment was thrilling.

I look down at my white T-shirt, and see the light purple outline of my bra. My eyes go wide, and I instinctively wrapped my arms around myself. Why didn't I think to wear a bra that won't show? Why did I wear a white T-shirt?

Probably because you didn't know you were going to be thrown into a pool with a bunch of drunken teenagers, that's why.

"Why are you being weird Lia?" Nick eyes me, when I have my hands in a really awkward position. I'm practically hugging myself, but I'd rather be semi-embarrassed than fully embarrassed.

Andrew's gives me a concerned look, and then goes to the pool chairs situated just a few feet in back of us. We were still standing by the pool, while the guys were still playfully fighting.

"I'm not. It's nothing. I'm just-" Andrew unravels the towel before wrapping it around me. I grab the ends of it and envelope myself in the warmth. He rubs his hands across my towel-covered back.

"She's just cold." He told the rest of them. But I assumed that he knew the situation, considering it's 70 degrees out and the opposite of cold.

"Geez, I didn't realize Maine people are so sensitive to the temperature." Eli jokes, and I roll my eyes. This was an all-time record for me tonight: 15 eye rolls. And they were mostly from Eli.

Andrew takes his damp shirt off, squeezing it out onto the patio. "Well, instead of fucking talking about it, why don't we go inside so she's not cold anymore?"

"Oh, stop it. You love me, you little shit." Eli opens for a hug to Andrew, but earns a nice punch in the gut.

"Try and hug me and I will beat you." He warns before taking me into the kitchen of his house.

He leads me to the island counter, decorated with a white marble granite, and pure white cabinets. There were little lit candles on top of it, with red roses in a glass vase. He takes the chair out from under the counter, and gestures for me to sit. He takes a seat next to me while the others come in loudly, slamming the sliding door.

"What did I say about slamming the door?" Andrew's mother comes into the kitchen from another room. She stops when she sees all of us, including me.

"Andrew, why didn't you tell me you were having guests over? I would've cleaned a little bit around the house." She looks at us awkwardly, looking over at the mess in the kitchen.

"Well, you and Dad were out for a long time, and I wanted to have people over." He shrugs, my eyes looking at his half-naked body. His muscles were incredible. Holy crap.

"Speaking of that." Nick strides over to the island counter, and rests his elbows on the edge. "Where were you and Dad tonight?"

"Natalia! Baby! Wait until you see this!" Andrew's father comes rushing in, holding a magazine in his hands. He looks like he was about to cry from laughter.