Chapter 38: Andrew Is M.I.A.

Lia James

"Are you serious?" He asks me, almost as if he was expecting for me to reject him.

"I'm being serious." I giggle at him, and he relaxes.

"Like, for real, for real?" He looks as me seriously.

"Oh, shut up! I'm being serious." I punch his stomach lightly, very aware of the hard muscles under his sweatshirt.

"Okay, good. Because I do want you to be my girlfriend."

"Yeah, well, I do want you to be my boyfriend." I grab a fistful of his shirt, pulling him into a hug. He wraps me in his arms, and I snuggle up to him. This boy.

My boyfriend.

It was perfect. This feeling of me finally getting back on my feet without Mason or Andrew, or anyone. I'm doing this for myself, and it feels pretty damn good.

When we finally let go, we lock eyes for a moment. His eyes were almost studying me, like he wanted to find out everything about me from just looking at me. And I was doing the same.

I wanted to know what his mother or father is like, who his siblings are, maybe his grandparents. I had so many questions, and I couldn't wait to ask them and have him tell me. I give him a smile, letting him know that I was happy.

"So, should we arrange another time to go on a date? That's what couples do, right?" He asks me, unsure of what to do next.

I laugh at his uncertainty. "I would love to go on another date with you."

"Alright, awesome. I had this idea, but I'm not sure how you would feel about it."

"Tell me." I dust off his shirt, and he stiffens from my movements.

"Roller Skating. What do you think?" He puts his arms up in suggestion.

"Really? That actually sounds so fun. Let's do it." I smirk, and he smirks back.

"How about Monday night? Good start to the week?"

"Ugh, I can't. I have softball practice on Monday. But, Tuesday I'm free. How about you?"

"Anything to spend time with you." He pulls me into another intimate hug, and I mold myself into his warm body.

"So, it's settled then." I pull away. "What time should we go?"

He takes a second to think. "How about seven?"

"Seven is perfect. I'll meet you there." I kiss him on the cheek goodnight.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I've got a curfew. Plus, I'm not eighteen yet, unlike some people." I eye him. "So, I'll see you on Tuesday."

"It can't come fast enough."

"Eager to spend time with me?" I flirt with him.

"You're my girlfriend. Of course I would want to spend time with you."

"Girlfriend." I repeat, smiling a bit. "I like the sound of that."

"Me too." He sighs.

"Goodnight, Ian."

"Goodnight, beautiful."

When I had finally gotten back to the house, which only took me about a couple of minutes, I expected my ex-friends to still be at the house. But they weren't. I assumed they had left to go do something, or Mason and Lina had gone to their beds and are currently sleeping. I hoped for the first idea.