Chapter 64: Just A Glimpse

Andrew Price

"Mom! Is everything good to go?" I asked my mother, as she did a last sweep of the house. We were running late for the trip and I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time with Lia before she played in the game.

"Yes, sweetie. Don't worry, everything is packed. Do you have your backpack?" She rubbed my arm as she passed by.

"Yes." I replied. "What about Nick? Where's Celina?"

"Right here!" Celina said coming down the stairs. She was applying make-up, while managing to step down the stairs safely.

If I tried to do that, I would definitely land on my ass.

"What is taking everyone so long?" I groaned, standing in the foyer. I was waiting for my family so we could set the alarm, but yet, no one seems to be here.

Celina went to the car.

"Dad, are we driving or taking the private jet?" Nick asked as they walked outside.

"Both." My father said.

"Don't forget we're picking up the Butler's and Lia's father!" My mother said, as she walked out the door, pressing the alarm button.

"We are?" I asked.

"Yes, honey. I had gotten in touch with Alexandra, their mother, and they said that it would be lovely of us to bring them."

Sitting in a plane with Mason? Hell to the fucking no.

"I'm not sitting on a plane with Mason or Lina."

"Suit yourself." She threw me my car keys. "You can drive there."

I scoffed, putting the keys in my pocket for another time. I opened the car door, and sat in the backseat with Nick.

"I'm picking the music this time!" Nick yells, and Dad hands him the auxiliary cord. "No more Taylor Swift, Celina and Mom."

"Fine." Celina puffed.

This was going to be a very long car ride.

***

Lia James

From the time we left, until about 8:30, the entire team slept. In fact, the Coach insisted that we slept because he didn't believe that we actually went to bed early. He wanted us to actually catch some Z's, and the only way he could manage that was ordering for everyone to sleep. He took away all the speakers until the sun was bright and just above the horizon.

When it seemed to be about that time, he passed the speakers back to everyone. He put on his headphones, most likely to drown the sound out, and that's when the captains started to play the music.

Brand new Lamborghini, Fuck a cop car!

We sang Rockstar at the top of our lungs, some of us even got out of our seats and danced in the isle. We didn't care. The bus driver was too busy focusing on the road, and the coach couldn't even hear a damn thing.

The captains went around the team, and everybody requested songs. Some people requested high school musical, and we ended up singing "Fabulous" at the top of our lungs.

I decided to request "Strut" from The Cheetah Girls, and everybody pretended to tango in their seats.

You gotta strut like you mean it.
Free your mind, it's not enough just to dream it.
Come on, Come on, Get up!