Chapter 57: The Different Side of Andrew

Lia James

I climbed into the passengers seat of Andrew's car, securing my body with a seatbelt. Andrew does the same, the clicking sound is the only sound heard in this big cloud of darkness.

When he told me he was willing to tell me everything that has been going on, I was shocked. I didn't think it would take threatening our relationship to break him. But I did.

I broke Andrew Price's walls.

He seemed hesitant as we walked to the car together, hand in hand. It was almost as if he was staying distant toward me, so that I wouldn't ask questions.

I wasn't planing on it. He will tell me when deemed ready. I'm not going to push him to tell me what's been going on. I will let him lead the way.

I'm ready to see the different side of him, whether it's good or bad.

Being with Andrew for months and learning more and more about him, I've come to realize that despite the bad part of him, I still love him. Even after everything he's put me through.

I love every part of him...good and bad.

But I'm not ready to tell him just yet.

So, I decided to ask an obvious question. "Wait. What about your brother? You're just going to leave him here."

He chuckles, his knuckles grazing my leg as he puts the car in a different gear. "Eli's called an uber for the both of them. I predicted that Eli would be dead drunk, so while he was sober, I told him to call an uber for midnight. After all, me and my little brother still do have a curfew."

I smile. He's such a Momma's boy.

"But it's 10:45. Isn't it a little too late to be taking me out and telling me everything?"

"Patience, Lia. We've got all the time in the world." He looks to his side, and he smiles. Putting his large hand on my thigh, he backs up out of the driveway and we finally descend down the road.

It was a very quiet ride. There was tension — and not necessarily sexual, but more of nervous tension. Tension that basically reads that something big is about to be revealed, and that after everything will change.

He drove out of Cole's neighborhood, and drove a few minutes on the highway. The sounds of car horns and screeching tires created the ambience around us. Andrew's palm still remained on my thigh, and it even tightened from time to time.

He was nervous, I could tell. This was a very big step for us, but it was necessary for us to break down each other's walls and get to know each other better. This was necessary for our relationship. Regardless of what type of relationship that is, this needs to happen.

Now or never.

I place my hand, which seemed like a tiny ant in comparison to his, on the back of his hands. Then, to calm his nerves down, I grabbed it and laced our fingers together.

The whole ride there our thumbs tugged on each other's, and once in a while we would rub each other's knuckles. I wanted him to know that whatever he's about to tell me, my feelings won't change for him.

Not now and not ever. Without a doubt, I know this.

He exits off the highway in a matter of minutes, and we drive down one of the main roads in San Diego. He looks at me with concern, almost as if we are almost at our destination.

Until he takes an unexpected turn at a dirt road.

"Woah, woah. Where are we going?" I place my other hand, the one that wasn't connected with his, on the dashboard. The car rocked from side to side as he drove down the mysterious road.