Chapter 46: Simm Records

Lia James

When we pulled up to the parking lot of a certain building, I nearly peed my pants in my seat.

He took me to Simm Records, his mother's record label. A very popular label in the music industry, especially right now. Rising stars all aspire to be apart of the team and hope to one day make it big.

The building was in the middle of Los Angeles, next to all the other buildings. It had a large, glass exterior, that was a tinted shade and it had a dome fixture at the top. My favorite part was the guitar logo in the center just above the revolving doors to get in.

When Andrew took me in, we were greeted by one of the workers, who was wearing a suit and tie. He must've been the receptionist because he gave us a key to one of the rooms upstairs. Andrew fist-bumped him like they've known each other for quite some time.

Andrew pressed the number four on the elevator, and the doors closed. The music played inside the elevator were all the musicians that have signed to this label and have made songs that were on the Hot List. You know, the annoying overplayed songs on the radio.

When the doors opened, I was greeted with a very dark space. There were wooden floors beneath my feet and there was a black desk with a variety of colorful buttons to push. In back of the desk, was a room, with a headphone set and microphone.

This must be the recording room.

On the walls were records that the artists have recorded that either made platinum, silver, and gold. And there were plenty to fill up the entire room. This is a very popular label, so I didn't expect anything less.

"You like it?" Andrew gestures to the room with his arm, and I'm awe-struck.

"This is amazing!" I replied back, looking at all of the amazing records the label has recorded and have made successful. It's astonishing.

"I thought you would like it." He watches me in my element, loving every emotion that spills out of me.

I ran up to him, as he was leaning against the audio workstation, and I smashed myself into him, throwing my arms around him happily. He chuckled, as I squealed in pure joy.

I let go quickly, and he wasn't ready. "Can I go inside the recording room?"

He couldn't say no. He looked at my expression, nearly melted, and then it was like he was puddy in my hands.

He knows he can't say no. I'm too cute.

"Fine. Go ahead. Just don't break anything, okay?" He said, before I raced inside the recording room, shutting the door behind me.

"Hey, Andrew! Can you hear me?" I waved at him, and he shook his head at my silliness.

He cups his hand behind his ear, like he couldn't hear me, so I repeated myself.

"HEY, ANDREW! CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

He turns himself so he is facing the recording room, and he presses a button, which makes a 'ding' sound in the room I'm in. I look in back of me, where I thought I heard the sound, and saw a sign that lit up red and said 'RECORDING'.

"Now I can hear you, princess." He presses a button, and talks into the microphone attached to the station outside.

"What should I do?"

"How about sing?" He replies sarcastically, and I wanted to air punch him from here.

He can be such an ass.

But I love him. I really do.

"What should I sing?" I asked him, and he shrugged though the glass.