Getting Under

Two months a long ass motherfucking two month since my faithful night with Anthony, and he hadn't called, texted, and when when we were all invited to dinner at Gigi's house he completely ignored me; I had half a mind to curse him out but I was trying to keep it cute. They said the heart grow fonder that wasn't my case but damn was my body feigning for a good dick down, but my pride that bitch was starting to get on my nerves. The only positive think that had happened was Anastasia giving birth to my niece and nephew; Caspian and Ceren and I was completely head over heels in love with them. They were breathing taking babies and looked exactly like their daddy, Anastasia was better than me because I would of been pissed I tried to fight my own body if I carried to big ass babies and they barely looked like me.

    "What?" I answered my phone trying to figure out who was calling me at 11 o'clock at night.

"Hey is this Naveh I'm not sure if you remember me but it's Chris we met at the club a few months ago?" His smooth voice rolled over me like butter as I quickly remember the dark skin man with dreads who actually held my interest before I dickmatized. I smiled maybe getting under a new one would help me get over an old one.

"What's up? How'd you get my number?" I asked genuinely wondering before I went any further with this man I needed to make sure he wasn't some stalker.

"I'm not a stalker if that what you're thinking. Your friend gave it to me the night your fiance took you."

"So you calling me late at night for what? You trying to have me step out on my so called fiance?"  I relished in the sound of his laugh.

"Nah, just the other night I was out and I saw your man at the club with some shortie kissin' all up on him-" my mind went blank with rage shocking me with how pissed I was. "So I figured your friends were just fuckin' with me so here I am calling you now."

I scoffed "Looking for a booty call?"

"Not like that. I mean don't get me wrong I'm-"

"SO get to the fucking point man. Why did you call me?" I said trying to control my temper it was late and I just wanted this man to get to the point, so I could get to bed.

"I was trying to ask your mean ass on a date, I called this late hoping you'd be more agreeable but I guess you always mean, huh?" He chuckled not showing any sign of being put off by my less than attractive bluntness as some would put it.

I smiled oh yeah ole boy was smooth and as I remember fine as fuck with his dark skin and dreads, damn I loved a hood nigga "So you still asking or you gonna hang up and pretend like this conversation never happened?" I bit my lip already knowing the answer.

"Tomorrow.8pm. You don't seem like the type have a man pick you up on the first date so I'll text you the address."

"Oh it's like that?" I liked my lips this one seemed promising I really hope he didn't disappoint, I was one disappointing moment from becoming a nun.

"It's like that. Now I better let you go before you change your mind, night Nevaeh."

"Night Chris. Don't let me down tomorrow." I said huskily before hanging up the phone not waiting for his response.

*************************

    "There you are aunties babies look how big you've gotten, I've missed your beautiful faces." I cooed Caspien and Ceren as I held both of then in each arm, my arm was getting tired from the weight but I ignored knowing I could hold them for hours doing so. I had taken it upon myself to visit everyday since Anastasia got out the hospital and if I couldn't visit I would facetime, I wanted to be around them at all time and I wanted to them to always know I would love them forever.