Couple Therapy

"Are you sure you want me to come with you?" Anthony asked for the millionth time as he held the door open for me.

"Yes, I'm sure. I wouldn't have brought you if I didn't want to." I grabbed his hand leading him into the building.

"Hey Becky! This is Anthony." I cheered as I let go of his hand so I could sign in for my appointment today.

"Oh hey Anthony! So you are the boyfriend, nice to finally meet you." Becky beamed waving.

"Uhh, hi." he waved looking around.

"Don't worry the doctor didn't tell me anything about you, Vae has just mentioned you've dropped her off a few times."

"Okay cool."

"Babe sit down, she'll call us in a moment." I said taking a seat in my regular spot picking up a magazine, in all reality I was nervous about Anthony being at this appointment. I have been in therapy for a year now and honestly if you asked me after my first visit if I thought it would help, I would have said fuck no but I contuined to go to save my relathionship and after awhile I really started enjoying my sessions. Talking to a professional about my problems and finding healthy ways had been live saving. My outburst has been far and few between and it had really been helping me with self love, respecting myself and creating healthy boundaries, things I didn't realize I really truly lacked until therapy.

The last appointment I asked Dr. Logan if I could invite Anthony. Ever since I started I have talked to Anthony about my appointments and went on in them, but recently I have been wanting him to sit in on one so he could ask his own questions. He's the reason I was on this journey now and I wanted him to really understand the process.

"Are you sure you want me here? I mean this is your space I don't want to overstep."

"Anthony I swear if you ask me that one more time I'm gonna punch in the throat."

"Hey, hey no violence." I heard the voice of the person who has been the biggest blessing in my life.

I turned to look at Dr. Logan and put a big smile on my face "I was joking. I have given up on punching people in the throat without reasonable cause."

"Mhmm." She chuckled "You ready?"

"Yup!" I popped up, grabbing Anthony's hand knowing he'd probably stay seated if he could.

As soon as we entered the room I took my usual seat and watched as my boyfriend just looked around awkwardly.

"Mr.Gallo you can take a seat right next to Nevaeh, don't worry I don't bite." she laughed. He quickly took a seat next to me but sat there rather stiffly, I wanted to laugh because it was how I was my first appointment.

"Baby relax she isn't picking through your head, she is picking through mine." I said lightly, knocking our knees together.

"Okay, so in the last few sessions we really started diving into your relationship with Mr. Gallo and where things went wrong the first time around." I nodded and could feel Anthony's eyes boring into me, I didn't speak to him about every session, these last few especially.

"So Mr. Gallo, I can tell by your shock you weren't made aware of that. Nevaeh had asked me to let you sit in on this session because there were a few things she wanted to say in a controlled environment. The past few sessions, Nevaeh was telling how when you first met it was a lot of you chasing her and her not reciprocating those feelings. I asked her if she was attracted to you and if so why she was so against the two of you together. "

"She said it was because I was a playboy." he chuckled awkwardly.

"I lied." He looked at me confused, now it was my turn to get nervous. "When you first started trying to get my attention I ignored it because you were my best friend's boyfriend's cousin and it just felt gross. But as time went on and you got more aggressive about your pursuit it reminded me of my dad."