Opening Up

"You are not about to sit there and tell me you aren't getting domesticated."

"Huh?" I said looking at my phone waiting for my uber to signal they were outside.

"Bitch if you can huh, you can hear?" Paris laughed "My cousin not only go you going to my rude ass grandma's birthday in a couple days but now you are actively leaving getting drunk with your people to go take care of his sick ass."

Sia brought Paris close kissing her cheek "Don't listen to her she just mad the time she go sick you told her to stay away from you or you would force her to bathe in lysol."

Paris kissed her teeth seething "You damn right I'm mad. I'm your friend and I get sick and it's like 'fuck that bitch' but my big ass baby cousin texting saying he got a little as cold and you go running. I'm how you say big mad, but whateva go tend to him."

"Shit I agree with Paris, I've known you for years and not once in my life have you ever." Tyler perked up his lips before taking a sip of his drink. "If I knew all it took was dicking you down I would of lowered my standards." I flipped him off as the group chuckled.

"I don't need to explain myself to you guys."  was my weak response, honestly I had no idea why I was leaving to tend to this sick man. To be honest I hated being around sick people because I hated being sick and the idea of being sick but here I was about to go check on Anthony. I kissed everyone on the cheek letting them get their last clowning before I headed out of the lounge.

I turned to see my friends exchanging glances that I couldn't quite read from this distance, but I'm sure it would come up at some point.

***************

"Lay your ass down." I said pushing Anthony by his chest his temperature was reading 101 and he was sweating profusely.

"I'm fine you didn't have to come. I know you hate being around sick people." He coughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up and let me take care of you."  In all honestly when Paris told me at the lounge Anthony had been battling a cold the past couple of days I got worried. I lied to my friends saying he texted me asking me to come over when in reality he never did.

He smiled weakly but laid back down allowing me to put the cold towel on his forehead.

"Did you eat today?" He shook his head and I sighed "Okay well don't get up I'm gonna make the dish my mom would make me whenever I was sick. Do you want me to turn the tv on?" He shook his head no, and I could help but smile he was like a big baby.  Getting up he grab my hand and I turned to look at him.

"Thank you Nevaeh." He smiled weakly at me giving off this air of innocence and I blushed a little bit before pulling away leaving his room as quickly as possible my heart beating like crazy. Sick Anthony was something else his hair that was usually perfectly styles was resting on his face, his eyes were a little puffing and his skin was slightly red from his fever and honestly I have never seen some look so good while being sick.

Bruh..." I groaned walking into Anthony's kitchen seeing it was a mess. Take out boxes were all over the place and it just looked nasty. "He lucky I got to wait for my groceries to get here."  I said putting my hair in a bun, so I can get to work.

*********************

    It had been awhile since I cooked for someone and I actually missed it. Growing up baking and cooking was one of the ways my mom and I bonded. When I was younger I always imagined cooking my favorite dishes for my own family but at the age 13 my doctor let me know that was never going to happen, but now I had nieces and nephews I could cook for and that was good enough for me.