-\ STUCKY /-

Steve stood at the center of the stadium with two other detectives. His unit had been called in and he thought he had talked his friend down to the point he'd come with him willingly. Unfortunately willingly was out of the question. Bucky used the armed guard he kept hostage to divert his friend and it worked. Bucky took Steve's partner tony hostage and used him as a shield while Steve and the other detectives were busy with the decoy.

"I'm a good soldier."

Steve and another detective spun around whiled the others took down the decoy.

"Bucky what happened? I thought you were going to come down and talk with me."

"I'm so tired Steve."

"I know. I've been there. Bucky set down the weapon and talk to me."

"I'm a good soldier. I want you to know I'm a good soldier."

"I know Bucky. now please put down your weapon."

He didn't listen. Instead he shoved Tony out of the way and pointed his gun at Steve then said, "see you on the other side."

One bullet was fired and one bullet killed Bucky.

"No... no... no..."

Steve went and kneeled next to his friend, tears were streaming down his eyes.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone."

Steve got up with Bucky's blood all over his arms and continued to say, "he wasn't going to kill anyone," then left outside.

-|- DEBRIEFING -|-

Steve sat holding a picture of Bucky and the friends he made during the war. On top of the picture was a word that spelt SYOTOS. He still had tears in his eyes when Steve's boss, the leader of the unit, showed Steve the footage of what happened.

"What were his last words?"

"I'm a good soldier."

Steve's boss replayed the footage then repeated what he had said, "what were his last words?"

"See you on the other side."

Steve set the picture down and walked over to the window, "I turned 18 an enlisted. When it came his turn I told him I was going to follow him," Steve's tears were coming more and more now.

"You got to close," said another detective.

"He wasn't going to hurt me."

"If not you Steve then it might have been tony."

"He wanted nothing more to serve his country. It was going to be me and him till the end of the line," Steve looked down, "I signed up to be a police officer because I didn't want to shoot from a distance. I wanted to help people like him."

Tony said, "Anyone of us would of done what you did Steve."

Steve walked to the door, "I don't belong here."

Tony stood up from his chair and said, "you know that's not true."

"I put my team at risk."

"You did your best and followed what you thought was right."

"My best wasn't good enough."

"I know how you feel steve"

Steve turned around and yelled, "he was my brother and I watched him die," before leavening.

---

(SYOTOS: See you on the other side)