The beginning of Stony

Steve woke up to a man sitting in a chair looking over a file if paperwork. he asked, "where am I?" The man looked at steve, "captain rogers my name is Agent Phil Coulson, and I work for the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement Logistics Devisions. your in New York City. I'm sorry to say this captain, but you've been asleep, for almost 70 years."Steve's eyes got wide. He couldn't believe what he had heard. "No... I."

Coulson set the files on Steve's bed, "you going to be ok?"

"Ya. Ya I just, I had a date," Steve looked down at the files. Coulson gave Steve a small smile, "I'm sorry but we need you to get back into the field right away. Captain, please read the files and have them memorized. We need you to go in undercover." Steve looked up at coulson, "why me?" Coulson walked over to the door, "I personally believe you'd be the only one to get close enough to him. My boss is assembling a team. He wants you and your target on that team. More files and another agent will be here shortly to escort you to your permanent home in New York."

Steve stood up then placed his hand out towards coulson, "thanks." Coulson smiled then shook Steve's hand before leaving.

---
WEEKS LATER
STARK EXPO
---

Steve sat in an empty stadium looking at the telvision that was still on. The grand Stark Expo was something else, and it wasn't called the Stark Expo back in the 1940's. Steve had to infiltrate and find out was wronf with the genius. he needed to get under his skin. the goal was to go in feeling nothing, and come out felling nothing. This mission was different that the ones he was given during the war, but it was still a mission, and steve was going to keep things professional.

Steve was so cought up in his thoughts that he didnt notice one of his Supervising Officers sit down, "you sure your ready for this Steve?" steve jumped then nodded his heand, "good. have everything memorized?" again steve nodded his head, "good, Mr. Steve Royce. your first day is at a party at the end of this week. you have till friday to get any lose ends tied up. Steve," the two looked at each other and smiled then went back to looking at the empty stage.

Steve said, "tasha, i'm scared." Natasha gave him a questioned look. it was odd to hear steve talk like this. steve continued after a brief moment of silence, "he looks so much like james. Tasha i'm scared that," steve looked down then continued, "i know everything there is to know about that man, and i mean everything," steve looked over to natasha then smiled, "im scared that history will repeat itself and i wont be able to save him. I dont know him, and yet..." steve felt natasha place her hand on his shoulder.

"look, i know the feeling," she looked to the enterance of the stadium and stared at clint then smiled, "if i lost him, well i dont know what id do. Steve, i dont want to sound rude, but you know the rules. follow them and you'll be fine," she looked back at steve, "now if you'll excuse me. I have one day off and i'm going to go spend it with clint." steve smiled, "have fun," he watched natasha left then looked back at the stage. his thoughts went racing again. He didnt like the man he read about on paper, but that man was just a mask. He was like Bucky, his best friend, and lover. "I feel like i'm going to betray you. Buck you were my," steve was cut off by a flash back.

---START FLASH BACK---

-.-
Brooklyn 1938
Steve and Bucky's apartment 10:30 pm
-*-

steve walked into his small apartment and found Bucky looking out the window. he had a revolver in one hand and a bottle of scotch in the other. Bucky shut his eyes then turned, "Steve?" steve was in shock. he wanted to know what happened, but was to speechless to find out what. "you!" buckys tone changed rapidly. it wasnt sadness and it wasnt anger.