Stony: Cops Chapter 4

---HOSPITAL/ WAITING ROOM---
Pepper walked out to the waiting room to find Steve and Bucky.

"Detectives?"

Steve said, "we're going to need your help on something. I am going undercover to keep a closer eye on Mr. Stark. When you introduce us you'll say I'm the one who found humans into dice my partner as the detective in charge."

Pepper nodded her head, "ok. Now come on. Let's go in."

The three headed to Tony's hospital room.
---
"Tony, I want you to meet Detective Barnes the lead detective on your case, and Steve Rogers, the person who found you."

"Has there been any improvement in the case. Any improvement in finding my sister?" Bucky shook his head, "I'm sorry Mr. Stark, but no. The bullet the doctors pulled out of you was mara he'd to an unregistered gun in the system. Sir, were doing all we can. We have everyone looking for her. An APB was placed on your sister, and the description of the van we got from Mr. Rogers here. It's been sent to every law enforcement agency in the United States."

Tony nodded his head, "Steve, was it?" Steve nodded his head, "thanks."

Steve said, "sorry I couldn't of helped sooner."

"You'd probably be in the same boat as me if you did," said tony.

"If you don't mind," said steve, "I'd like to stick around and make sure you get back on your feet." Pepper spoke up, "that would be great," she smiled, "I can take over for the time being while you get back to your daily routine."

Tony said, "I don't want to trouble you." Steve said, "if your worried about my job, then don't. I'll be fine," Steve smiled.

Bucky spoke, "mr. Rogers informed me he was retired military."

Steve said, "I could work as your private security for awhile. Wait till you get back on your feet." Tony nodded his head, "ok, thanks," he looked around his room then at pepper, "now, when can I get out of here?" Pepper said, "I'll go check." Bucky said, "I'll go to."

The two of them left.
---
Steve went and sat down in the open chair. Tony said, "can I tell you a secret?" Steve nodded his head then tony continued, "my parents weren't really supportive when they found out I was dating this scientist to be." Steve said, "what's wrong with her becoming a scientist?" Tony looked at Steve, "because they didn't feel that he would be best for their billion dollar son to be put in the magazines as being gay." Steve said, "oh. well what happened?" Tony looked back at the ceiling, "Bruce, his name, had been experimenting with gamma radiation. Thins went horribly wrong. Bruce called from a pay phone moths after the accident and said we were done. He wouldn't say why, and said we were done," Steve watched as a tear fell from Tony's eye, "I fell in love with him, and I lost him." Steve leaned towards Tony and took his hand, "things will be okay in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

Tony smiled then looked at Steve, "I told you about my love life, you tell me about yours." Steve leaned back in his chair and laughed, "ok. Sure. Why not," Steve took a deep breath, "we met in boot camp and made a promise to look after one another."

"What happened?" Asked tony.

"We made it home. We were going to spend our lives with one another. He survived hell on earth only to be killed in a drunk driving accident. Carter died three years ago, and the person who killed him was a 17 year old teenaged girl."

"I'm sorry I asked," tony sat up, "steve, thanks."

Steve smiled at tony, "don't apologize. It was an equal share of information, and your welcome."

pepper walked back into the room. "tony, the doctor informed me that you can be released tomorrow if everything checks out." tony smiled, "good. Why dont you go home for the night. the nurse told me that you haven't been home in a couple of days."

pepper said, "no, i dont want you to be alone."

tony said, "pepper, i'll be fine. it's just for the night."

steve spoke up, "i can stay, if you dont mind."

tony looked at steve and smiled then said, "go home pepper. I'll be fine."

steve looked at pepper, "Ms. Potts, do not worry. I'll call you if anything goes wrong." pepper nodded her head then hugged tony and left. bucky looked at tony, "i need to speak with Mr. Rogers here about something. sir, if you'd follow me." steve got up and followed bucky into the hall and shut the door behind him.

---HALLWAY---

"steve, please take care of yourself. Stark, he... Steve, your my brother, i just want you to be happy."

steve smiled, "thank you. I'll becareful... buck, i see something in him. I might."

bucky interupted him, "it's a job. Dont get dragged in. When he finds out."

steve nodded his head, "bucky, i hate it when you're right," steve looked into the room then back at bucky, "will that be all detective?"

bucky smiled, "yes it will Mr. Rogers," bucky laughed, "go on lover boy." steve smiled then shook buckys hand before saying good bye and walking into Tony's room.