avengers

HI, THANKS TO ALL WHO READ MY STORIES AND ONE SHOTS.

FOR THIS ONESHOT I WILL BE INCLUDING MY OWN CHARACTER. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. :) THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THAT ARE VOTING. :)
_____________________________________________________________

Steve  had been MIA for about a month now. while SHIELD worked aroung the clock on locating Captain America so did HYDRA. the mission to inflitarte HYDRA had failed horribly. Steve was about to complete the last task assigned to him when he was stopped. A HYDRA soldier had spotted steve and started firing his gun. Steve set the explosive device as the first few shots flew past him, but as steve turned to run he was shot in the back.

steve was very fortunate to get out of the base before it blew. his bullet wound was another story though. The adrenaline in his system was slowly starting to wave off and the tole of losing so much blood was starting to take affect as he made his way to the extraction point. Little did he know, steve was being watched.

---

A young woman with brown hair and green eyes had been folowing steve since she saw him run out of the base. She had kept her distance, as all great hunters did, and waited for the opportune time to approch Steve. when the brunette saw steve collapse she ran to him. She saw he was badly hurt and went into her bag to find something to stop the bleeding. She wasn't to much sucessful. the amount of supplies she had broughten with her was almost out and it would take several hours to return to camp.

the brunette started to drag steve back in the direction of her camp. as she did she bagan to think who is he? why is he out in the middle of no where? and why was he headed for Carter Point? the original time of about 2 hours turned to four and she knew she had to act fast. the man that lay in front of her was going to die if she couldn't find help.The brunette took of steves uniform and then flipped him on his back to try and get the bullet out. after 30 minutes, give or take, she got it out and got him warm. The tent she had been staying in trapped most the heat from the sun so she knew steve would be fine.

--- A MONTH LATER ---

Steve slowly came to one morning to find a plate of food and water on the table next to him. as he sat up he realized he was out of his uniform and a set of clothes had been set on the foot of the bed he was in. Steve sat up and got dressed then proceeded to eat before getting his boots on and headding outside.

"you're awake."

steve turned to see the brunette drinking her coffee at the table to the right of him.

"where am i?"

"in Carter forest. did you get the breakfast i left for you?"

"yes, thank you," steve joined the brunette.

"so blondie... do you have a name?"

"My name is Steve, and what might i call you?"

"my name is Clara."

steve and clara shook hands.

"if you dont mind me asking, steve... who is peggy?"

steve looked down and all went quite. after about a few minutes steve started to talk again and said, "a girl i cared a lot about during the war."

"what happened to her?"

"i was frozen and as time moved on she moved with it."

"Frozen? i dont understand."

"you dont know who i am, do you?"

"i've lived out here for about 6 years now. its just me and the great out doors."

"well do you know the story of Captain America?"

"oh... yes i do. you were wearing a different uniform. i didnt recognize you."

"do worry. now i have a few questions for you. how long have i been out, how did i gent here and can you point me towards town?"

"a month, i dragged you here, and i can take you where ever you like."

steve got up and took a few steps away then turned back to face Clara, "you mean to say you dragged me here."

"i ran out of medical equipment. i was making my second round to take medical equipment from that base you blew when i found you. i'm up to full strength and i can take you where ever you like."

"can you take me to Manhattan?"

clara got up and placed her hands out for steve. He took clara's hands and within the blink of an eye the two were standing in the streets of Manhattan. Steve looked around to see he was only a block away from Avengers tower.

"Clara thank you for your help."

"Steve," Clara started to communicate through her mind, "you saved me Steve and got me out of there. it is i who should be thanking you. i was afraid to leave and now i'm not anymore thanks to you," clara smiled and placed out her hands to show steve's uniform.

"thank you."

clara smiled again then said, "the man who your thinking about...go to him and tell him how you feel before you miss your chance."

the two hugged and within a blink of an eye Clara was gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. please comment below with your thoughts. again thank you. :)