meeting the winter soldier (missions)

---YEARS LATER ON A MISSION---

The winter soldier and i were sent on a mission to infiltrate Hydra's defences.

"no matter what happens. if you get stuck, shot, or even killed."

i looked at him, "i dont plan on being killed James," that was the first time i used his name.

he stopped as did i.

"you really dont care what happens to yourself do you?"

"no, i really dont care what happens to you."

"why did you voulenteer on this mission anyway. i dont need your help," i started to walk away when james grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"you think i like this. i was ordered to keep an eye on you."

"who!"

"by the good doctor and Mr. Stark."

i shook his hand off," why would they? oh never mind. we have a job to do. get in, get the intel and blow the place up."

james continued walking and i followed.

--- days later---

"you say you'll swear your alegance to me."

"yes Red Skull"

"Then kill him," he tossed me my gun belt back, "kill him like he killed your sister. Close and personal."

i put the belt on as james was saying, "no, you cant do this."

i laughed, "i must swear my alegance to the red skull," i walked over to james and put the gun to his stomach, "ready to die?"

"i just want you to know..." he grabbed my collar, "i'm sorry."

i shot him twice with my gun. when he dropped Skull started barking out orders to get rid of the body. i quickly turned around, "sir, if i may, i would like to burry him myself. he may of been a killer but he was also my friend."

skull nodded his head then left.

--- a day later in the forest ---

james woke up screaming.

"rise and shine sleeping beauty."

james slowly layed back down, "i thought."

i interupted him, "you thought i'd really kill you," i laughed, "im not that cold."

"what did you shoot me with?"

"they are called night night guns. two agents came and gave them to me before we left."

"and how did we get out here."

"i carried you out here. i knew the location from when i used to camp out here. i had this place gated off about three years back for such a reason as this."

"and the part where you called me your friend."

i took a deep breath, "you, the bucky barnes side kick, you. when i grew up i was made fun of because i was different. i got sent to a new school for people like me and i still didnt make any friends. when i read your stories about you and captain america... well my gifts got the better of me and created a friend. however with age it all faded away."

"you had your chance to shoot me. why didnt you?"

"its been five years James," i grabbed the bandages then went and sat next to him," enoughs enough," i started to take his bandages off when his metal hand garbbed my wrist. he said, "thank you," as i started to bandage him up, "Steve should be here soon. with several agents to take you back for proper medical attention."

when i stood up i could feel the warmth of james's real hand touch my own.

"please dont go."

"james dont do this."

when i tried to pull away his grip got tighter.

my tone changed to a low pleaded whisper, "please."

he slowly got up instead of letting me go and pulled me into him.

"i wont let you go in there alone. he's two dangerous."

"ok but i have one question first. why did you really come along?"

he wrapped his metal arm around my back and put his other hand on my face, "every time i saw you... well you were with Stark and i knew that after everything i had done... everything i did that you wouldn't ever consider being with me. thats why i voulenteered to come with you. i didnt want to lose my shot."

i placed my hands on his chest and before i could push away he kissed me. he then pulled away, "i'm sorry."

"why now? its been years."

"i needed to try before Stark proposed to you. i'm sorry."

he sat back down and i next to him. i started to laugh, "propose. like i'd eve marry that jackass. the only reason i'm with Stark so much is because my SO doesnt want to deal with him."

i watched james smile, "if we make it out of this i want to ask you something."

"i'd love to go dancing with you."

--- WEEKS LATER---

She got caught under a support beam, "james i'm going to need a rain check on that dance."

"alright, how about the stork club."

i started to laugh, "ok."

"friday at 8."

"you know james, i dont know how to dance."

"thats alright, just be there."

"will have the band play somthing slow, i'd hate to step on your..."