America's Daughter

I had just finished making my tea and was headed for my room. It was Christmas and I had no where to be. The only man that ever gave a damn about me was dead, so I was going to go to bed, and think of this as just another day.
As I walked into my room I could see it was snowing. I placed my cup of tea in the window seal then went and got into some pajamas. When I returned I could see the Stark Tower lit up. 'The Great and powerful Tony Stark,' how my father put it, was still rebuilding after everything that happened in Manhattan last year. He was a man with ecerything, and yet, nothing.
I finished my tea then placed my hand on the glass and said, "Good night Mr. Stark," before going to sleep.

--- THE NEXT MORNING ---
I woke up to knocking on my apartment door. I got up and yelled out, "I'm coming." When I got to the door I saw Director Fury standing there with several agents.
Fury said, "Hello Jamey," as he and the other agents walked in. "What do you want nick. You already took everything from me. Here to take a little more?" Fury shook his head, "no, I'm here for your help." The two of us sat down in my living room.
"We need you," said fury, "there are going to be bigger and badder villains coming."
"You have your precious avengers. Why do you need me?"
"You know why," fury stood up then walked to the door, "your fa-... he died still believing in the idea of heroes." He was about to walk out when I said, "wait." I stood up and walked over to him, "will he be there?"
Fury smiled. it was one of those blue moon occasions, I guess, "You remember the arrangement." I nodded my head, "is he, is he at least happy?" Fury nodded his head, "from what I've gathered, yes," fury stepped aside for the agents, "you ready to become Nitrous one last time?" I nodded my head, "I've got nothing left, what the hell." he said, "good. Follow me. Stark is making arrangements for you in Avengers Tower. They only know a SHIELD agent will be chaperoning them." I smiled, "ok. Let's go." He nodded his head once more then we were off.
--- AVENGERS TOWER ---
I walked into the living area of avengers tower and saw agent Barton eating breakfast, "hello agent barton." he jumped out of his seat then stood at attention, "sir!?" I smiled, "I got assigned to chaperon the avengers agent Barton. There is no need for formalities now. my names America." Clint smiled, "caps gonna get a kick out of that." I set my things down behind the couch as the good Captain and Mr stark walked in. "What would I get a kick out of," asked captain rogers. I walked over and placed my hand out in front of the captain, "I am Agent America Carter and I'm here as-" stark interrupted me, "our babysitter? I smiled again. stark continued, "you think this is funny? I'm only doing this because I owe fury," captain Rogers smiled then shook my hand, "I'm going to the lab. Cap can you show her to her room?" The captain nodded his head. I went and got my things then followed him.

--- MY ROOM ---

"So Agent Carter, what's your secret?"

I set my things on my new bed, "I don't understand," I turned to see Steve leaning in the door way. He smiled at me, "your just a child. Why are you here?" I sat on my bed, "my father died still believing in heroes," I looked up at him, "as for my secret, my names Jamey Coulson. My father was a big fan, and often called me America." Captain Rogers came and sat down next to me, "I'm sorry. He was a good man." I laid back on my queen sized bed, "I'd like it if you didn't tell stark. I heard he took it hard after my old man died," The captain nodded his head then got up and started to leave when I continued, "I've been looking for his trading cards.have you seen them, captain Rogers?" He looked back at me and said, "it's Steve, and I'll see what I can do about finding those cards," he gave me a small smile then left.

--- DAYS LATER ---
I walked into Tony's lab. He got mad when he saw me. "Here for your daily snooping?" I walked up to him, "I came here to ask you what your problem is with me." he stopped what he was doing, "problem. it's more like problems. We don't need a baby sitter." I smiled. Tony was still angry, "whats so funny to you?" I smiled again then looked at him, "do you honestly think fury would send an unarmed person into a group of heroes?" Tony's expression changed, "so you did," I laughed, "think about it tony. Think about it long and hard. think about back to the very first day we met," I walked to the lab door then spoke before tony could say anything, " when you find your answer then give me a call," I turned back to him, "also, an FYI, I was never officially assigned here to watch you. Our all mighty leader seems to think I belong here. If you don't like it and don't remember the first day we met, then I'll leave. No catches, I'll be up and gone," I looked back to the elevator then said, "just say the word and I'll be as gone," before leaving.